You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

ploddertom

unemployment - a thing of the past and thats official

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4021 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Although this links to my problem with Sherforce I have started another thread for the amusement factor.

Today I discovered the enforcement agent or "enforcement officer" being the preferred term used by Sherforce sent to collect money owed under Writ of Fi' Fa' is nothing more than a debt collector.

He is not a bailiff not a High Court Enforcement Officer and it is possible the only certificate he holds is for 25metre breast stroke:rolleyes:

This "officer" informed my staff, my wife, and the police he was a High Court Enforcement Officer and yes I do have that in writing from all parties.

On making further enquires as to the legal powers this gave him I was told anyone can be pulled from the street plonked down with a firm who hold a credit licence, be given a copy of the rules and regs and hey presto they have a job.

Perhaps the Minister for employment would like to improve his "street cred" and wipe out unemployment with a stroke:lol:

Oh well I must press on as I have lots of letters to write:)

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I find it hard to work out who's who in the enforcement game

does a High Court Enforcement Officer from the chancellor serve your ccj/writ?

does he have a qualified licenced or approved underling to do it for him?

if the answer to q2 is yes then does this mean he is employed by the enforcement people or is he a freelance certified bailiff, uncertified bailiff or a debt collector:confused:

I find it hard to work out who's who in the enforcement game

does a High Court Enforcement Officer from the chancellor serve your ccj/writ?

does he have a qualified licenced or approved underling to do it for him?

if the answer to q2 is yes then does this mean he is employed by the enforcement people or is he a freelance certified bailiff, uncertified bailiff or a debt collector:confused:

l think the whole system is wobbly. lf l understand this right, then most of the people we as victims are dealing with are sub-contractors, i.e. freelance morons who work on contract to other private DCA's such as Marstons. This makes sence as self-employed are not a part of the DCA's staff and can easily be dropped should they get in to trouble or just laid off in case there's no need. These guys got nothing to do with court bailiff's. Then there is the thing with court certified bailiff's and the whole circus around that. Some are certified others are in the ''process'' and finally there are those who never will be, but, still can collect albeit without enforcement. The conclusion is, though, that it stinks and breeds even more corruption in to a already seriously corrupt system.

Gustavius

Hi GR

I agree with what you say wholeheartedly this is a very complicated system heavily tilted to aid the "industry"

If the law is going to allow these people to contact the public then they should ensure the public are protected and do not have to hide behind a door, crouch under a letterbox, or crack open an upstairs window in fear.

The law governing these people is sketchy at best and I strongly believe law must be passed dictating Police Forces MUST train officers to understand the laws governing these people and not rely on the age old garbage "this is a civil matter" Crime is crime and they are not employed to just pick out and investigate those crimes that take their fancy.:mad:

It has taken me four months of letter writing and waiting for reply with requests I be given the details of the person who called on me all to no avail Thanks to this site I eventually started to make my own enquiry's and that is how I found out the law allows for any tom dick and harry to act indirectly on behalf of her Majesty's Courts.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi GR

I agree with what you say wholeheartedly this is a very complicated system heavily tilted to aid the "industry"

If the law is going to allow these people to contact the public then they should ensure the public are protected and do not have to hide behind a door, crouch under a letterbox, or crack open an upstairs window in fear.

The law governing these people is sketchy at best and I strongly believe law must be passed dictating Police Forces MUST train officers to understand the laws governing these people and not rely on the age old garbage "this is a civil matter" Crime is crime and they are not employed to just pick out and investigate those crimes that take their fancy.:mad:

It has taken me four months of letter writing and waiting for reply with requests I be given the details of the person who called on me all to no avail Thanks to this site I eventually started to make my own enquiry's and that is how I found out the law allows for any tom dick and harry to act indirectly on behalf of her Majesty's Courts.

PT

Hi Ploddy,

l would say, that unless you can prove that you are not guilty, you will have a serious battle on your hands. In order to change anything we must ensure that the powers understand that we now have reached the breaking point. More and more normal hardworking taxpaying people are getting in to trouble because THEY DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY to pay for mortgage, utilities, council tax and food anymore. lt does not help when you get the advice to prioritize your payments as you surely must eat as must your children etc. We have a system that favours the rich and punishes the poor. lt has always been so, but, we have all been lulled into some sort of support of this idea as we are all led to believe we can one day be rich and famous, driving our rollers to our pads in Chelsea while looking down on the poor and unemployed peasants around us who did not succeed. lt's a dog eat dog world and we are all accomplices to the perpetuation of the system. We are the only industrialized country who has a council tax system where a normal punter pays approx. 6% of his gross income in council tax while a wealthy banker with some £120,000 a year pays 1,5 to 2 %. Make that net payment and the figures shift to 10% versus maybe 1% with all loopholes and so on. So, why do we have bailiff's and who is benefitting from the current system? lt's not me and surely not most of the rest of the population, but, mainly the 7% who controls the money. The bankers with help from the government put us in the situation we are in and believe it or not, while we are suffering from lack of money, no loans, excessive mortgage payments criminal utility charges, unemployment and low income, the rich get richer and our fellow bankers will now start to pay themselves bonuses again with our money! When are we going to put a stop to all of this? When are we going to take over the banks we already own and when are we finally going to get rid of bailiffs and a unjust council tax system.

Gustavius

OFT have just spoken wife will now forward complaint to them as they can and will question if Sherforce are suitable to hold licence given their employee has caused them failure to comply with OFT guidance.

the moving pen that never writ moves on to write another bit:-)

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OFT have just spoken wife will now forward complaint to them as they can and will question if Sherforce are suitable to hold licence given their employee has caused them failure to comply with OFT guidance.

the moving pen that never writ moves on to write another bit:-)

PT

Good for you and hopefully for a lot of other people as well. I sincerely hope that that moving pen of yours will continue to move a lot more in the future.

GR