You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4019 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Good morning.

I will keep a long story short. Received a TAKE FORMAL NOTICE letter from Equita to pay a parking fine, my partners. Telephoned them and they had another two on their desk. Total of all three worked out at £70 over 8 instalments, verbally agreed by phone to pay once a fortnight.

Paid off, between 10/02/09 and 22/04/09. Gap between last two payments, 28/03 to 22/04 as Bailiff said he was on holiday and to phone and pay after 20/04. Plus, paid an extra £73, due to interest he said. Thought it was done and dusted, filed papers away. At no time when I spoke to him to make a payment did he mention we had defaulted and no letters were received saying this either.

THEN, three weeks later received 2 Removal Notices, one for £578.43 and another for £524.58. Phoned them and were told we had defaulted on the payments. Wrote to Karen Fowler at Eqita, asked for breakdown of costs, which arrived and did not match amounts on letters (new total owing £388.86). Visit fees on breakdown - no-one has ever visited our address, no letters left if they have and I am here most of the time.

Wrote to Karen Fowler again as we received through the post yet another Warning Notice, saying our removal team recently called etc. Rubbish no-one has called here and I suppose they are adding more costs. But we have written to them saying we have cleared this debt and want a letter stating full and final settlement to this matter. No reply. I have sent copies of the letters to Equita to: OFT (no authority to become involved), Trading Standards (passed to Northampton office no reply), Northampton County Court (no reply) and Lambeth Parking (no reply).

Spoken to different agencies but no-one seems to be able to help, they just take your details, give you a reference number, for when you call again. One agency even asked at the beginning of the phone call when taking my details if my partner was gay, ?, bi-sexual or straight. What on earth is this country coming to.

I have looked through this site and I see Equita turn up a lot. I would just like someone to put any advice on this one thread as going from thread to thread and getting lots of information and tips is great but confusing me a little, I am not as young as some and the old brain fuzzles a bit. Is it any wonder with dealing with companies like Equita, who to my mind are not a very reputable company, to put it mildly.

Any help, advice, tips, etc would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

PS. Sorry did in the end go on a bit