• Tweets

• The CMA has today published further detail on its views on the law in relation to cancellations and refunds during the pandemic. View the full article
    • Iv decided I’m going to ring tomorrow and just admit everything.
    • doesn't say WILL anything anywhere... nothing to panic about at all. read it properly.   stop believing and inserting imaginary things from your mind that they don't say at all . it's a std threat-o-gram we've seen here 10'000 of times before on all manner of debt issues.   pers i'd be contacting your insurance company directly , i bet as with most of these threat-o-grams they have no knowledge at all that J&P have sent that letter.   typically these companies offer a sum of money to them to be given details in a one line spreadsheet of sums that are outstanding or though possibly owed. they then send out letters hoping people will wet themselves and blindly cough up without reading the letter carefully and dealing only with whomever is their stated client.   read the red bits below too.  
    • I didn’t sleep much last night and it’s making me feel pretty sick.    there is a line that says if I ignore the letter they have issues to issue and serve proceedings without further notice. It also says if I do not consider the amount correct I should respond on 14 days but if I don’t pay within 14 days they’ll issue legal proceedings    would it be acceptable to reply and say due to the time elapsed I would need further time to address this matter.   Ask if they could confirm the account the BACS was transferred too.   Also saying that when selling the car we were told by the dealer it was registered as a cat 3 write off and it reduce the cars value by half.   Can I ask them to confirm why the car was registered as a write off when they state it was repaired    sorry if this doesn’t make sense,  a letter from a solicitor has scared me
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 4 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Can anyone help me??

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4092 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi I am new to this forum so hope this works!!

I moved to Spain from UK 5 years ago, now moving to Australia. I was going to speak to DVLA but wanted some advise first before I open a big can of worms.

I have never changed my address on my drivers licence, I have never been requested to do it is Spain and so my old address from UK is still on it.

When I get to Oz I will have to change my drivers licence and will have to show my UK drivers licence. I was wondering if anyone knows that, if I call the DVLA they will fine me for never updating my address even though I am not in the UK and have not had a new UK address to change it to?? (hope this makes sense :))

Thanks

The requirement is that your licence has an address via which you can be contacted and must be a valid UK address.

As long as mail is being forwarded from the address on your licence, then there is no need to update it.

If it is not being forwarded, then wait until you have finalised your Oz licence before contacting DVLA, in case of outstanding matters and possible licence revocation.

Thanks very much for such a quick reply. I have no idea if they have tried to contact us but we have not sent anything to them since we left the UK.

If they have sent us anything it is possible that the new owners would have returned as "no longer at this address"???

Sorry if I appear stupid but is there anywhere on a DVLA website that I can check to see if they still have us as having the old address or if they have our status as no current contact address??

Sorry if I appear stupid but is there anywhere on a DVLA website that I can check to see if they still have us as having the old address or if they have our status as no current contact address??

No.

If they have sent us anything it is possible that the new owners would have returned as "no longer at this address"???

Possibly, or the may simply have binned it or left it in a pile.