You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4020 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all

A couple of years ago a ran a Ltd company which ceased trading Feb 2007. Whilst trying to clear up all the loose ends there were only 2 debts. One was telephone/broadband contract (5yrs) which I managed to get rid of once the company was disolved legally Feb 2009. I hadnt paid any of the outstanding contract as when I asked for a closing balance they said 2 months line rental, which I paid and heard nothing for a whole year! anyway as I said they gave up once the disolve status could be seen at companies house.

The second debt was for a company credit card with RBS. At the time I was pushed into accepting liability £3000 or they would not stop interest etc going on the account. As I was desperate and hadnt seeked any advice I signed a form and agreed to pay £60pm. This was prior to the company dissolution. I have since been paying this for 18mths or so.

The question is, should I still have to keep paying this? afterall it wasnt my debt right?:D

advice appreciated

thanks

When you say you were pushed into accepting liability does that mean you signed something to that effect?

If not stop paying and when they chase you point them to the Companies House website which shows the Company disolved.

If you think you signed something but don't have a copy it might be worth sending a subject access request to see what they have.

There isn't normally a PG on a company credt card but were you aware if there was one on this one?

Yes I think I signed something, it was a financial statement to say I could afford a certain amount. Im not sure how the original agreement to take on the debt came about now :-/

I think they are aware the company had folded as this is why they accepted personal payment to stop interest.

I think i will ring them and see where I stand.

Right, I rang the customer services and explained all to them. They said I would not be liable unless I had signed a Directors Guarantee at the onset of setting up the business accounts at the bank. I am not sure if I did this and am waiting for the branch to call back.

I hope I didnt but cant help thinking it was maybe a clause at the time :(

Ok let us know what they say. If they say you did sign a PG ask for a copy of it