barclays bank OD/hamptons

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4608 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all I have received a letter from Hamptons Legal today regarding a overdraft of just under £2500, it is the standard first contact letter from them.

However I am still awaiting my SAR from barclays which was sent 3 weeks ago so still in the 40 days.

I know Hamptons is same people as Lowell, was just wondering if I should respond to this letter?

I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed

Hi all I have received a letter from Hamptons Legal today regarding a overdraft of just under £2500, it is the standard first contact letter from them.

However I am still awaiting my SAR from barclays which was sent 3 weeks ago so still in the 40 days.

I know Hamptons is same people as Lowell, was just wondering if I should respond to this letter?

You could write and advise that the account balance is in dispute with the original creditor and that you have requested a SAR from them to allow you to reclaim unlawful charges on the account. Accordingly under the OFT debt collection guidelines they should not attempt to collect on an account where its under dispute.

Or you could just ignore and wait for the SAR and the second letter :-D

S.

• 3 months later...

got another letter today saying -

" Despite the fact we have offered you numerous opportunities to reslove the above outsatnding debt it remains unpais.

Unless we receive payment in full or part payment with promosed payment plan in the next 5 days we will have no alternative but to instruct our solicitors to look to begin legal action against you"

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

i have not received said SAR yet Mr Shadow

You need to make a complaint to the ICO then asap. its now far over the 40days allowed for them to respond.

ICO website complaints form

Unfortunately not responding to a SAR does not put the account into dispute but you can possibly still use it to deflect them in regards making a payment.

S.

• 2 months later...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/208270-barclays-hamptons.html

since that post I have received the SAR yet i dont know what happens with the debts now the nanks won in the high court - grrrrr!

toady i got a letter from hamptons regarding getting my credit file, surely they need my permission

confusions familiar.

i have received the SAR a while back and i left it at that whilst the banks were fighting in the high courts.

then today i received the letter from hamptons.

my last letter to hamptins/lowell/red was my SAR request

sorrylittlelot.

I have merged both your threads, makes it easier for people to help.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi sorrylittlelot.

got another letter today saying -

" Despite the fact we have offered you numerous opportunities to reslove the above outsatnding debt it remains unpais.

Unless we receive payment in full or part payment with promosed payment plan in the next 5 days we will have no alternative but to instruct our solicitors to look to begin legal action against you"

Did you ever put together any sort of payment plan?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/208270-barclays-hamptons.html

since that post I have received the SAR yet i dont know what happens with the debts now the nanks won in the high court - grrrrr!

The banks haven't won! have a read around the forum, particularly the main headings on the home page (don't believe the press hype :))

[edited this bit - out kurva was much quicker ;))

Also, what else came back with the SAR? Agreement, statements etc? You need to get more on here so people can help you with this,

M

Edited by MandM
edited as it repeated previous post

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!