You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

sorrylittlelot

barclays bank OD/hamptons

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3253 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all I have received a letter from Hamptons Legal today regarding a overdraft of just under £2500, it is the standard first contact letter from them.

However I am still awaiting my SAR from barclays which was sent 3 weeks ago so still in the 40 days.

I know Hamptons is same people as Lowell, was just wondering if I should respond to this letter?

I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed

Hi all I have received a letter from Hamptons Legal today regarding a overdraft of just under £2500, it is the standard first contact letter from them.

However I am still awaiting my SAR from barclays which was sent 3 weeks ago so still in the 40 days.

I know Hamptons is same people as Lowell, was just wondering if I should respond to this letter?

You could write and advise that the account balance is in dispute with the original creditor and that you have requested a SAR from them to allow you to reclaim unlawful charges on the account. Accordingly under the OFT debt collection guidelines they should not attempt to collect on an account where its under dispute.

Or you could just ignore and wait for the SAR and the second letter :-D

S.

Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

got another letter today saying -

" Despite the fact we have offered you numerous opportunities to reslove the above outsatnding debt it remains unpais.

Unless we receive payment in full or part payment with promosed payment plan in the next 5 days we will have no alternative but to instruct our solicitors to look to begin legal action against you"

bump

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Sorrylittlelot,

I'm confused, you posted in July about needing to wait for your SAR to reclaim charges, have you not had the SAR?

S.

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

i have not received said SAR yet Mr Shadow

i have not received said SAR yet Mr Shadow

You need to make a complaint to the ICO then asap. its now far over the 40days allowed for them to respond.

ICO website complaints form

Unfortunately not responding to a SAR does not put the account into dispute but you can possibly still use it to deflect them in regards making a payment.

S.

Deal with your debts:

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

looking for a template letter to send DCA in reply to them saying they are requesting a copy of my credit file to see how to decide what form of litigation to take

looking for a template letter to send DCA in reply to them saying they are requesting a copy of my credit file to see how to decide what form of litigation to take

In what context are you dealing with a DCA? Do you have a connected thread going?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/208270-barclays-hamptons.html

since that post I have received the SAR yet i dont know what happens with the debts now the nanks won in the high court - grrrrr!

toady i got a letter from hamptons regarding getting my credit file, surely they need my permission

This is all very confusing.

Have you received the SAR yet?

confusions familiar.

i have received the SAR a while back and i left it at that whilst the banks were fighting in the high courts.

then today i received the letter from hamptons.

my last letter to hamptins/lowell/red was my SAR request

basically, i have the SAR and didnt reply, then i heard form hamptons today

Have you sent the SAR to the original creditor or to the DCA - or both?

to the DCA who requested it from barclays and forwarded it to myself

in reply to them saying they are requesting a copy of my credit file to see how to decide what form of litigation to take

Why would they ask you this? Can you post up or transcribe their letter?

sorrylittlelot.

I have merged both your threads, makes it easier for people to help.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

In essence that's a glorified threat.

Did you address the SAR to the DCA or the bank? ie who were you asking for data?

dca

so what do i reply to said threat

Hi sorrylittlelot.

got another letter today saying -

" Despite the fact we have offered you numerous opportunities to reslove the above outsatnding debt it remains unpais.

Unless we receive payment in full or part payment with promosed payment plan in the next 5 days we will have no alternative but to instruct our solicitors to look to begin legal action against you"

Did you ever put together any sort of payment plan?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/208270-barclays-hamptons.html

since that post I have received the SAR yet i dont know what happens with the debts now the nanks won in the high court - grrrrr!

The banks haven't won! have a read around the forum, particularly the main headings on the home page (don't believe the press hype :))

[edited this bit - out kurva was much quicker ;))

Also, what else came back with the SAR? Agreement, statements etc? You need to get more on here so people can help you with this,

M

Edited by MandM
edited as it repeated previous post

ALL unsolicited PMs and E-mails should be posted up - Not all on CAG are who they appear to be

My views are my own. If in doubt, seek professional advice. If I can help though, I will. CAG helped me!!

If you asked the DCA for a SAR, then they should have responded themselves to it. They should have provided you with the data they hold on you.

Perhaps you can ask them to cease processing your data until they comply with your SAR.

i never tried to do any kind of payment and i received all correspondance/statements/charges etc in my sar