You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

webmonkie

Judgement on credit file

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4012 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello

I have just recently got my credit report with all my old addresses added and under the pubic information section is a judgement I have no idea about. It states.

Name: xxxxx Address: xxxxxx Information type: Judgment Date: 14/07/2008 Court: NORTHAMPTON COUNTY COURT Case number: XXXXXXX Amount: £179 Information Source: Registry Trust Ltd Note: If you have paid a judgment you should contact the court and make sure they are informed. You may wish to request a Certificate of Satisfaction as proof of the change. We will be told that the judgment is satisfied and we will update our records. For further information please see the Report Guide.

The problem I have is it doesnt have any information attached to it, and the address is incorrect and its for a stupid low sum I have no idea about.

Any ideas how I Can remove this or challange it?

I am very annoyed it this, I had trouble with credit when I was 18 and I have waited years to get some credit and now I am being tuned down because of this.

Can they give me a CCJ without me knowing?

Webmonkie, you should be able to apply to the court quoting the case number to get information regarding the claimant and what the judgment was for.

If you can prove that the address stated on the order and where the paperwork was served was not yours and/or the debt is not yours, then you can apply to the county court to have the judgment set aside.

If the judgment is set aside, then the entry will come off your credit record.

Best of luck

Please note that I am not a solicitor or legally trained. The advice I give is from my own personal experience based on my own personal circumstance. If you choose to follow any advice I may give, please make sure you understand the implications of following that advice. :-)

And the plot thickens

I spoke to Northampton Court and they told me it is for a outstanding water bill from Yorkshire Water and told me to ring them. I have just spoke to them and found its for a old bill dating from August 2008! Now the strange about it all is I moved to London in 2007 and I have been working at the company I work for now since May 2008 so there is no way I could be responsible for the bill. I think someone has stuffed be badly.

Now I need to send yorkshire water all the proof I wasn't living in at that address at the time!

Fun!

What do you think I am going to have to do to get this removed?

Do you think I am going to have to goto court?

See what YW do first, if they've obtained a CCJ erroneously it's up to them to get it struck out. If all else fails you can do it yourself at a cost. County Court Claims and County Court Judgments (CCJs) : Directgov - Money, tax and benefits

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT