Family use my address but do not live there

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is the situation

My aunt moved to the UK about 2 years ago and originally stayed at my place for 3 weeks until she found a place across the road from where I live.

She was having difficulty getting any proof of address so I let her put the utility bills in her name and then she used that to get bank accounts etc.

Because she only lives 2 minutes from me ( U can see her house-(a shared house)from my house) We never bothered to change her address.

Now the landlord has seen her at my house a few times and has probably been nosy enough to notice her mail comes to this address. I've explained to him but he's not having it and is accussing me of breaking tenancy agreement by letting other people stay at the property.

Does the fact that her mail comes to my address mean she lives here in the eyes of the law?

Has the landlord any right to investigate mails and question the names on the addresses ?

I mean it's not like he pays any of the utility bills and they are paid by direct debit every month.

I'd like to know where I stand with this issue.....

I'd appreciate any help..

Thanks

You have already posted this problem - why are you asking the same questions in two different threads. It is not helpful.

Kentish Lass

Information given is based on my knowledge and experience and is not to be considered as legal advice

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate your advice.

I made a new thread because so far no one in the other thread has confidently advised me on the address issue.

I'm sorry if that causes a problem, I just thought it would attract more relevant advice from all the helpful members of this forum.

Cheers