You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• look up on land registry who owns the property then get in contact with your local environmental heath dept.   dx  
    • Hello all,   I have recently moved into a new property. The bedroom window is facing a bunch of commercial crates which have trash on top of them. The trash is maybe two metres away from the window, making it impossible for the window to be open (I am also afraid of rats being there).   The other windows of the property are facing a communal, enclosed area, which is making it difficult for the property to be properly ventilated. I have already raised this issue with my estate agency and they are trying do to something about it (to be honest, if I leave everything to them, this issue won't be solved until my tenancy is finished, and that is more than one year away).   I am asking for advice, or how could I approach this issue.   I have spoken to my council and, since they do not deal in private property, there is nothing they can do, at least this is what they have told me.   The property with the trash is not owned by my landlord. It is an open space, with big crates, closed off by a fence. If I could, I would climb those crates and remove the trash myself but I cannot. I also cannot climb out the window to reach the trash, as the window is too small.   At times, I see a car in that property but I have never seen the driver. I left a note in the car's window explaining the issue and giving my number. This was around a week ago and nobody came back to me.   
    • Hi   First off ALL Tenants need to re report all the different repairs again via their repairs procedure. Yes its good to get a list of all properties repairs with photo/video evidence signed by all property tenants but you all need to fight this individually as well as a group.   Next you all need to look up your rights on Repair i.e. The Right to Repair Scheme and also their Complaints Procedure.   http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1994/133/made   https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/repairs/right_to_repair_for_council_tenants   All Tenants need to take control back with these repair and ask in writing titling any letter 'FORMAL COMPLAINT' and stating the repair and why it hasn't been carried out to date and an exact date when it will be completed.   You also require clarification whether these Repairs come under the Right to Repair Scheme and if so why we were never informed of this. (delete or amend)   You also require copies of the following:   Right to Repair Scheme Policy (Not the Leaflet Repair and Maintenance Policy (Not the Leaflet) Solar Panel Policy (Not the Leaflet) Complaints Policy (Not the Leaflet) Equality & Diversity Policy (Not the Leaflet) When you get the above policies you need to take your time reading them and just think to yourself 'DID THEY DO THAT' in relation to your issue and if not mark it this way you build a list of what they haven't done/followed as per there own Policies and use it against them.   They will have time limits to complete repairs within for Emergency, Urgent, Routine repairs and if they exceed that time limit and need to extend it remember it is with you the tenants agreement not them telling you and tough you can wait.   (bear in mind any repairs during COVID-19 the time limits are now different and most routine repairs are stopped)  
    • I was on UC in late March, and recently received some quite non-committal message that the commitments would be returning, but no indication when.     If I remember correctly the expectation was that we could find at least one job per day to which to apply, or some such nonsense.   Given that the government can only guess how many workplaces will be safe :  1) to commute to/from at the time of job application; 2) to work in at the time of job application;    3) to commute to/from at the date of starting a job ; 4) to work in at the date of starting a job,  5) to commute to/from at the date permanent WFH is dropped; 6) to work in at the date permanent WFH is dropped,    and given that we have lost 20% of our economy, I fail to see how they can both reasonably and immediately mandate any minimum figure of jobs we must apply for whilst this virus just killed over 135 people in the UK (stats released today).  That is only down from 155 last week, and about 175 a fortnight back.   At this rate it will be another 7 weeks MINIMUM before the mortality rate is zero - if it ever reaches zero before the inevitable second wave.  
    • who has sent this 'letter of claim' come from and doe sit mention the pre action protocol and include a separate response pack? 
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 12 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
bangbang777

Big Confession On Debt Not Paid!!!!!!!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4025 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I apologise if I am posting on the wrong forum maybe someone will help me out on this.

I have been hiding a secret for too long now and finally have decided that I better do something before it gets out of hand. I thought it would be best to bury my head in the sand but how long for, its really starting to eat away at me now.

The matter is that I am a British Gas customer and up untill Jan 09 I have never paid a bill late or ever missed a payment. My record was very good and I always manged my money very well. In Jan this year I ran in sudden financial difficulties (not uncommon) after reading so much on here.

The problem is that I signed up to get bills sent by email and not through the post. I am on benefits and could not afford Jan bill and contacted the DWP, so they could deduct from my benefit but BG wanted to deduct about £40 a wk which was too much. I contacted DWP and they said it was up to BG to decide how much to deduct and not them.

Being very STUPID I left the matter and did not contact either. I was and am still going through a lot of personnel problems. I received another bill by BG through email again in March 09 and another in May 09.

So far I am in arrears of about £1000.00. BG have not sent any letters to my address requesting payment or any emails saying that I have not paid any bills since Jan 09.

My question is that there maybe a hiccup at their end that they have not asked or chased me, now do I contact them myself and tell them of this matter? I don't want this to spiral out of control and really would like to know what to do.

I am scared as to what will happen. Would be very grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction please.:(

Is BG still taking the £40? They haven't pushed you so far so I wouldn't worry about it too much. I take it they had contact with the DWP and they have been told to be sympathetic to people who are unemployed. Utilities have to be paid - it's a bill for providing a service as opposed to credit. Don't contact them. Wait until they contact you then you can come back for more advice if you need it.

Thanks pinky69, BG are not taking any payments if they were I would be relieved. That is the whole problem no payment is being made to them from anywhere.

Then I would write to - not phone (they will only try to talk you into paying more than you can afford) - and make a payment proposal of what you can afford.

Thanks again pinky69. I am feeling quite nervous about writing to them and scared they may ask for all of it in one go

It doesn't matter if they ask for it all, you aren't refusing to pay so as pinky says just offer what you can afford, if you continue to ignore it it will just spiral and you will just end up with a larger amount owing. Now you have taken the first step you can sort this out. :)

• Haha 1

Thanks maggie I have actually just checked how much I really do owe and it is almost £1,200.00. How on earth am I going to explain this to BG and if I write to them what should write?

Would it be possible for me to apply the British Gas Energy Trust to help me with my arrears and if so what would be my chances please? I have read on here that ppl in arrears can apply