You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• That IS the question HB.   My literal quote isn't surrounded by additional perspective I commonly add and was shown as is.       "64% of the UK’s trade with all the countries with which the UK is seeking continuity,"   * It seems a given that Johnson is not seeking continuity with the EU HB   * Undoubtedly the reality is they just mean 64% of continuity with the handful of African nations that the reference was in despite it implying something else   In which case, a more accurate statement than that presented by Johnson the Liars representatives would be:   We've managed 64% continuity with a small group containing a small handful of African nations which are a small part of Africa as a whole and an utterly tiny part of world trade   and presumably, as they have singled that out for special mention to give their chosen implied perspective ... - that 64% continuity (a little over half we have as part of the European Union) the best 'continuity' deal they've managed so far with any county or block.   It certainly isn't 64% continuity of even JUST the external to the EU beneficial trade we have as part of the European Union let alone replicate the benefits with the rest of the EU   and Don't forget thats just continuity - carrying on what we currently have - and not any new or additional/improved deals  
    • Can I just ask only because I do panic about stuff like this.  More because of the affect it has on my husband.   In 2014 when my husband was at his worst and NatWest got the charging order on our house (which was then repossessed) we had to stop using our NatWest bank account which we did.  When we signed up for credit reports in January we noticed our NatWest bank account was being reported on a monthly basis so we decided to close it.  My husband and I went into a branch and closed it.  We had 4 accounts, 1 for everyday banking and 2 savings and 1 was the loan.  She said she could close the 3 accounts but obviously not the loan.  She said she’d transfer the money from the 2 savings into the main bank account and give us the money then shut all 3.  We were gobsmacked when she gave us over £1000.  We never thought we had money in the accounts.  Can this be used against us?  The 3 accounts are now shut and marked as settled on our credit file.
    • Thank you for your advice.   As the owner of 2 labradors dog turd is something I have plenty of.
    • Apologies if I've missed something obvious (I know nothing about Facebook) but where do the references to the "club" and the SAR come from?
    • Yup, and even if they didn't there is nothing they can do except send you begging letters. The ship has sailed from their point of view they might as well try to make gold out of a dog turd.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
paulolindum

MARLIN - Proposed Claim for Costs Any Advice Welcome

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4020 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am just about to make a claim for costs involved with defending myself against a tirade of harrassment and bad practice from Marlin and its associated Legal teams. I have already got the Fin. Ombuds. involved but wish to build on my positive outcome from the court regarding my Charging order.

A brief summary of last two years.

Oct 07 HSBC Pass debt to Marlin. Marlin contact me to pursue debt

Nov 07 Telephone calls get nowhere. Decide to put all in writing.

Dec 07 Marlin engage LRC(Sol.) to gain CCJ. I offer £10/m plus I&E details

Jan 08 Marlin reject £10 offer

Feb 08 LRC successfully gain CCJ for...£10 per month! I request details of WHO to pay it to and HOW to pay it, from all three parties(Court, Solicitor and Marlin) Court is only one to reply to suggest contacting client via their counsel. No replies until too late before deadline to set up S/O or DD. Solicitor suggests contacting client. They still stall and I have to make frantic calls on day of first payment to get info. Am finally given bank account details but have to pay cash over counter for first payment and second payment is set up via ongoing S/O.

Mar 08 Receive letters from Marlin stating that I have not adhered to CCJ terms and they shall be seeking Interim Order and applying for Charging Order against my property!

Apr 08 The paperchase begins in earnest. Marlin very slow to reply to letters, different departments replying each time, no name to reply to, and no correspondence from thier solicitors who have now changed to Young & Pearce!

Ongoing 2008 Letters to and fro with me providing proof of postage, payments, Standing Orders and Bank Statements supporting my claims

September 2008 Banking error causes one payment to be missed. This is again resolved by over counter payment.

November 2008 Application for charging order received and transferred to Guildford! I live in Lincoln! False statement signed by solicitor claiming non adherence to CCJ and 4 months arrears! Untrue

December 2008 Copies of all bank statements and S/O credits sent to all parties. Still no replies from Solicitors.

Jan - Apr 2009 Multiple copies of proof sent to all parties to no avail, proceedings continue to loom. Helpful calls to court suggest letter to Judge with full testimony and court bundle. All provided.

May 2009 No word from any party up until Thursday before Monday hearing. Frantic faxes and calls to court seeking advice on what to do. On On Friday before the hearing I call the uncommunicative solicitors only to find out that they had requested 'Vacation of Hearing' on the Wednesday.

Nobody had informed me but at least the judge had read my letter and referred to it on the Order Discharge papers.

June 2009 Commenced dialogue with Financial Ombudsman who considered my case to have some strength.

Meanwhile, I am cataloguing my correspondence and preparing my N1 form in order to make a claim for costs against Marlin to the tune of nearly £300.00 !!!!

ANY ADVICE WELCOME....

I don't think that its' an N1...

If you are seeking costs arising from the charging order that should have been dealt with at the conclusion of their application - in your letter to the court did you ask for a costs order.

A more important point is were they actually ever entitled to a CCJ in the first place. Could you post a copy of the Summons, the CCA, any Default Notices etc

Who was the claimant? Was it HSBC or was it Marlin - if it was Marlin have you got a copy of the Notice of Assignment - if so could you post it as well

Anything which identifies you needs to be removed - names, account numbers, addresses, amounts etc

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

Hi there.

I'm seeking costs involved with the corrspondence pertaining to the whole case after I made a formal offer of £10 per month, which was duly rejected only for judgement to be made for the same amount. The main reason for the costs involved is that the triplicate copies sent out by Reg post were all ignored, for nearly a year, even though they contained compelling evidence contrary to their claim.

I'm afraid i can't scan deatils up online as don't have facility but i'll certainly look through the papers for any specific item you mention.

Have just sent off my 2nd LBA to Marlin and started a further complaint with the OFT.