You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

bigegg

Debts & Death

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4020 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

What happens when someone dies owing money (allegedly!) ?

I have a friend whose husband has just died (allegedly!) owing 25K + to various banks and credit cards.

None of the debts are in friends name (and most accrued before marriage).

Will it be just a matter of writing letters to OCs including copy of death certificate, telling them to write debt off?

Husband had no assets - council tenant with very few personal possessions.

Carpe Jugulum

The Executor should write to all the creditors informing them that there is no Estate & that they will be receiving zilch. His wife is not responsible for his debts, end of.

• Haha 1

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Kewl.

Wife is executor - and I've just discovered today that the 200K life insurance policy is payable directly to wife "in trust" so doesn't become part of estate.

I will be writing some letters for her in next week or so.

I think she'll be happy.

Carpe Jugulum

The creditors WILL try to con her into admitting the debts you must warn her of this - Also I suggest you have her give you a 'letter of authority' permitting you to deal with this aspect of her financial affairs - that way you may be able to stop her receiving distressing demands many of which will be addressed to her deceased husband

Forgot to add that when they discover there is a trust fund that will incentivize them into action so as it's not part of the estate there is no requirement to disclose it