Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4092 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Today ive been charged with parking in residents bay in Bayswater...i'm a builder and my workers were unloading tools in an area that is without residents parking markings. In effect it is a no mans lands piece of road in middle of two way street... there are bays clearly marked behind and to both sides of road...Clearly in my business i read signs as it is everyday occurence that deliveries need to be made to sites, sometimes its unavoidable, yet here there is nothing to say im doing something contrary to parking regulations.

The ticket is for parking in residents bay without permit, am i right to contest this. How in this day and age can one be expected to be able to guess if a rule applies when not "labelled". 10 mins unloading while someone is in attendance- and being cited as breaking a rule thats not written is farcical.

031.jpg

Edited by brwsiboi
adding picture

Looks to me like "the contravention did not occur".

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

Can you clarify where the vehicle was in respect of the photo. From your description it sounds as if it was in the turning point between the two yellow bollards. Is this right?