Private Company ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5364 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I had a ticket issued 2 years ago. Allegedly parking in private land (NHS paernit holders onlY). I think photos were taken by THE PPC.

They threatened baliff action...I paid a really hefty fine.

Please advise me as to where i stand...can I claim money back?

Is there a template letter asking them to pay up first..?

Thanks

Sounds like you've been stung blooo.

If its a private parking company, I doubt that you would get anywhere asking for a refund, but it could be worth a go, you've only got the price of a stamp to lose.

Why have you left it 2 years to do anything about it?

As I found out that its a fake 6 months ago and havent had the time/expertise to do soemthing about it...now I would like to try...but I dont know exactly what to say/write...

sadly i cant see how

they have actually done nothing wrong.

if they had i'm sure 10'000's of people already caught by t his invoice [problem] would have found a way to be refunded.

its not like a dca demanding money without a cca,

interesting thread

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As I found out that its a fake 6 months ago and havent had the time/expertise to do soemthing about it...now I would like to try...but I dont know exactly what to say/write...

When you say 'it is a fake' what exactly do you mean? They had no authority to issue tickets at that location? If so, bring in the police as that is deception.

If it is just an authorised PPC and you have paid, you have zero chance of getting your money back.

You can jointly sue the PPC and the landowner. Much more chance of getting back your money from the hospital - the parking company will collect CCJs for fun.

You need to research why you are owed a refund - simply saying "give me my money back" is not enough.

The reason I know I should get my money back is that, this company is still in business and are still continuing to issue these INVOICES/PCN'S whatever you want to call them.

It is private land for NHS/permit holders only or something like that...I dont know what else to say....

I dont know what else to say....

"C'est la vie" is the only thing that springs to mind. :(

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Not in despair, just aware of the sheer difficulties that trying to reclaim that money from parking monkeys would entail.

Personally, I would chalk it up to experience and, now that you're better informed, don't fall for it again. ;)

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Read up on private parking charges: FAQs - Private Parking Companies/Charges (everything you need to know)

Lancashire County Council Trading Standards - Consumer advice - Guide to Parking Penalties

Spend time looking up priavte parking threads on this forum and PePiPoo, especially cases where people have defended court cases.

Then present your case in a letter to the private parking company AND landowner. Head it 'Letter Before Action' and give them 7 days to refund.

Then submit your claim at MoneyClaim.gov.uk

You could get an undefended win, but bear in mind they won't send you a nice cheque in the post. You will be looking at sending in bailiffs and they probably won't have much of value to take. Landowner (if it's the hospital) will be more likely to pay up though.

There's no magic template letter and you will probably need to present your case in person (it's all fairly informal though).

So first step is spending some time learning about contract law.

From the PPC yes, but as I've said, the landowner (NHS Trust?) will be easier to get the cash out of.

I would tend to echo that Al27, but, from a moral standpoint, I wouldn't want to divert funds away from NHS funding. This is just my personal view.

Or maybe the NHS is insured against things like this?

I would love to see the bailiffs go in to a PPC, but, as you rightly say, they wouldn't have anything of value except the cheque's they are about to cash, that they have obtained by dubious methods from people such as the OP.

The OP has got nothing to lose, as I said, except the price of a stamp, by asking for the money back, but, in all probability, they are on a hiding to nothing.

If the PPC's have founded their business model on the dubious methods by which they make their money, having a judge tell them to refund the charge, plus costs, would probably be treated in the same contemptuous way that they treat the general public. jed

• 5 weeks later...
I would tend to echo that Al27, but, from a moral standpoint, I wouldn't want to divert funds away from NHS funding. This is just my personal view.

I would say it's just as immoral to harass and demand money from sick people.