problems with eon

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5399 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i had a lot of problems with eon in my last flat which they provided electricity for (no gas). it was a small 2 bedroom flat and i never once put my heating on but the bills were always sky high.

i got a letter from a debt collectors today on behalf of eon in regards to an amount i apparently owe for my final bill for the previous property. i spoke to four different people, got conflicting stories being told i owe the amount, that i dont owe it, that i do owe it again. im so angry about it all, especially when they told me my usage for february was nearly £90. seems very extreme for a tiny flat with no heating.

what i am really wanting to know is now that i have left the property is it still possible to have this meter investigated as i just do not believe it is correct.

Unfortunately, it is too late as there's nothing you can do to open a dispute now as the supply is not live in your name. If you had contacted eon when the supply was live and disputed the bill, it would have been possible to look into it, but obviously u wont be able to get readings etc now and the usage of the new tenant maybe completely different to yours due to lifestyle differences etc

The debt would be validated from the meter readings used to open and close the account, and with no dispute whilst the supply was live makes this very difficult for the consumer to prove the bill is wrong.

As far as the supplier is concerned, the bill will be correct provided the meter readings were ok

EON would accept payments towards the account but not usually offer a settlement figure.

It would be argued that unless the consumer could prove the meter reads were different when they moved in and out then the bill would stand. Did the letting agent do an inventory check? The readings should be noted in this, a photocopy of this would be acceptable proof and the bill could then be amended

If you had a hig bill through because you'd used a lot of gas/electricity, didn't realise how much it would be, would you then just pay part and argue it's incorrect?

Essentially that is what you are suggesting!

If the start reads and final reads are correct, what does Eon have to prove??? Most likely, the read before the final one was an estimate and the £90 final bill was a catch up.

I have to say Zaaen.Warrior, that is terrible advise to give someone. If it did go to court and eon can prove they had readings, it would be thrown out and the op would have to pay up including any costs.

But as usual, lets blame the supplier and not take any responsibility ourselves! No offense to the op at all, just the advise given.

Nightbreed, unfortunately it is too late to get the meter checked. If the new occupant encounters any problems they will investigate this further if the occupant queries their consumption. If there is a problem then they would then look into your account to see if there were any disrepancies there.

Hi, Having a nightmare with Eon, we have a small business in a very rural place and Eon have apparently doubled our rates unknown to us, but appartently sent us a letter last year which we never got to say we had so many days to reply....contacted the ombusman they looked into it as when we contacted Eon they Deadlocked us in one day .... how they could do that i dont know, anyway the end is ombusman want to go with Eon as we should of know we were on a fixed term and they state that it is not Eon's fault that the postal service did not give us our mail and we we should of read our small print and that it is our fault...my argument is that we had problems last year with Eon and i personallly spent lots of time on phone getting a better deal after our meter was broken and if i realised i was going to be charged double i would of certainly rang them to get a better deal....and guess what we keep getting phone calls on behalf of Eon offering us lower rates that what we originally was on then when i state im fighting with eon through the ombusman they hang up.. but know we are not even allowed to change suppliers until our new fixed term ends,.....we recieved a bill of over £3,000 for 2 qtrs which is double what we pay normally and this is going to put us out of business and our home if we dont get help.....any suggestions.....:confused:

Can we please stick to helping out the original poster, we are all entitled to an opinion which is fine, but if you are going to insult please don't do it on the open forums. Just agree to disagree.