You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• threads merged  please keep to one thread per issue.   dx  
    • read it proprly.. it doesn't say WILL anything and original creditors don't do court as they don't want the judge delving into their business model nor the bad publicity.   as for the FOS you just have to let it run. yours is a very short time since yo put it into them typically it always takes 6-9mts normally before they move on anything though they usually send you an ACK they have the complaint.        
    • Since the last post on this thread I have sent a complaint to the FOS but have not heard anything from them as yet either, I'm guessing they're rather snowed under and on reduced staff so no real surprise.   Still had nothing approaching help from lending stream but today they emailed me default notices for the loans, again demanding I phone them and pay up in full or they will begin court proceedings.   Any advice as to how I should proceed please?
    • Hi,   I received two PCNs in October 2019 from Havering Council. All the below applies to both PCNs, as the correspondences were at the same time:   Fast forward to February 2020, I file witness statements on grounds that I made representations within 28 days but did not receive a rejection notice.   The TEC cancelled charges.   Havering write to me asking for supporting evidence of representations that I made.   I email them screenshots with timestamps of the representations.   In early March Havering reply to me by email 'confirming receipt of email and both cases are now on hold pending an investigation. Please allow time for a full response to be sent.'   Fast forward to 18th June Havering write to me the attached:  Havering Charge Certificate.pdf   Now, it seems as though the sender of this letter is not up to date with both cases and is unaware of the TEC's decisions, as well as the email correspondence.   My questions are, 1) What should I do next? and 2) Is there a way to use their misstep to avoid paying for the PCN entirely?   Thank you.
    • New app launched by Veteran owned UK     READ MORE HERE: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-app-launched-by-veteran-owned-uk
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
Broomfield

Full and Final Settlement on a Credit Card

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3992 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have stupidly run up a large debt (£30K plus) with two credit card companies. Due to reduced income, I will be unable to meet even the minimum payment. Both credit agreements are over 7 years old. I really do not wish to go down the route of trying to have the agreements cancelled because of technicalities; I run the debt up and wish to pay off as much as I can.

I will however be in a position to make an offer of paying around 70% of the total debt to both cards by extracting some cash from my pension fund. My thoughts are to write to both card companies offering a full and final settlement without affecting my credit rating. Is this a good idea? Or does anyone have some suggestions for me?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Broomfield
Typo

Have you considered sending a SAR first to determine whether unfair charges have been added which you can reclaim thus reducing the debt?

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

As far as i can see from the satements i have no charges (such as late penalties) and I have never had PPI or anything similar on the cards. The debt has built up because i stupidly paid only the minimum amount by DD every month over the last umpteen years, as it seems unlikley i will be able to go back into full time work in the forseeable future i would like to pay off these cards as they are my only personal debts. I am using all of the cash advance i can claim from my pension fund. And 70% is the maximum i can pay.

You could always try a F&F if CC companies are anything like some of the mortgage companies today they may accept. The problem is you really don't have any leverage, whereas if there was an unenforceable CCA in place you would. ;)

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I see your point, i think i will fire off a letter to them asking for a settlement figure but won't sign it.....If i do not get anywhere then i will consider going down the unenforceable CCA route

Thanks

You really need to put your feelings of guilt far far behind you.

You have paid them back twice over with the interest on the account.

Send the CCA and see what they come back with. You'll need that pension money when you retire!

JOgs

I know what you mean about the interest, i have just looked at a statement, i have paid the minimum amount of £349.81 and it has reduced my balance by the grand sum of just over £25.00:mad:. I am going to download the template tonight and send off in the morning.

Thanks

Now you realise how these companies are absolute fools to themselves. As in your case you want to do the 'fair' thing and pay your debts, but because of their inate greed you have come to the conclusion that 'fairness' should be a two-way street.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I know what you mean about the interest, i have just looked at a statement, i have paid the minimum amount of £349.81 and it has reduced my balance by the grand sum of just over £25.00:mad:. I am going to download the template tonight and send off in the morning.

Thanks

feelings of guilt aside requesting copies of the CCA's will not affect your relationship with them in any way

but once you have them if they are (as is likely the older they are ) defective then it will have a major impact on your F & F offers which would be more in the order of 50% or maybe a bit less to keep a clean sheet

okay, let me tell you the easiest way of putting this to you, if you write to a lender and offer them a settlement, they will hold you to it.

ring them tell them you are facing bankruptcy and you can either offer them a full and final of £whateever or tell them they will get zilch and they can deal with the receiver, id bet they will accept a full and final and no it wont affect your credit rating.

okay, let me tell you the easiest way of putting this to you, if you write to a lender and offer them a settlement, they will hold you to it.

ring them tell them you are facing bankruptcy and you can either offer them a full and final of £whateever or tell them they will get zilch and they can deal with the receiver, id bet they will accept a full and final and no it wont affect your credit rating.

best not to stoop to their level and base you arguments or offers upon lies

just keep it clean honest and to the point! offers of settlement made "without prejudice" remain confidential

i've made an offer recently but not put without prejudice does it matter.

If you feel I have helped please tickle my scales;)

MBNA - Ongoing

Egg Loan - Ongoing

At this stage no. Send the CCA requests to see what leverage you can use against them; http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter enclose a £1 postal order, print your name on the letter do not sign it & send recorded delivery.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

well yes it can matter very much depending on exactly what you have written,

if you are challenging the agreement the other side would almost certainly use it to show you accept liability

Thanks for replying, sorry to hijack. No I am not contesting the agreement, just struggling to pay big time. Hoping to borrow some to get it all cleared.

MBNA - Ongoing

Egg Loan - Ongoing

Thanks for replying, sorry to hijack. No I am not contesting the agreement, just struggling to pay big time. Hoping to borrow some to get it all cleared.

have you not applied for copies of the agreements?

you should as this will help determine what you offer and what they are likely to accept

unfortunately my agreements are electronic and as far as i know its a very tricky thing to prove a fake tick box. I have read around extensively and no-one seems to have the answers in how to prove or dis-prove:(

MBNA - Ongoing

Egg Loan - Ongoing

It depends when it was taken out online.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MBNA - Ongoing

Egg Loan - Ongoing