Final Response from HSBC- Help Please

jorcon3018
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6457 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've gone through the process of requesting statement, using the spreadsheet, sending of my letter of claim, and sending a LBA, i have now had the final reposnse from HSBC which reads as follows:

Thanks for letter dated xxxx re charges of £3514

the bank does not agree with your contention that the charges that have been imposed consitute a penaltyand are therefore enforceable. The contract between the bank and its customers is goverened by our personal banking T & C. In respect of overdrafts, i would refer you sopecifically to clause 7.11 in section 2. If you authorise a payment that would, if met by us lead to your account going overdrawn, the bank considers whether or not to make this payment and a fee is payable for this serivce.

Our fees are stated are clearly stated in our published price list etc etc etc

if you not happy complain to the financial obudsman.

HSBC

Firstly, has anyone else had this reply before, and what should i do next. Is it time to issue the proceedings, and have i done it right up to now.

Please help, as i need to claim this money back, as HSBC have mad emy life a misery over the past 6 years.

Thanks in advance- Rich

i got the exact same letter last week dont worry keep going its to make you feel that they are in the right THEY ARENT

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

Thanks for that. Love going on these threads as so many people are so angry with banks. I must admit, can't see the sense in them rejecting my claim, as the amount will now rise to £4,500. Good commercial decision.

Another Question for someone that knows.

Assuming HSBC enter a defence, what will happen next, will i have to go to court, as a friend of mine, who i'm helping with their claim, has been given a court date as Lloyds TSB have entered a defence.

no-one has actually got to court yet, its their last tactic to dissuade you and make you get cold feet and give up, dont worry

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

Don't worry, you'll be fine. I could always arrange a coach and then a group of us could come with you for support. You'll have plenty of people to buy a celebratory drink for after at the pub then won't you!

besides, there's more chance of my husband buying me flowers than you having to actually go to court and believe me......that WILL NEVER happen!:D

He he, like your response.

HSBC have ackowleged my claim, so according to other similar cases, i should get an offer soon, and then i'll buy you some flowers :grin:

If it makes it to court, you can all come down to Leicester to stand in my corner, and of course, drinks will be on me if i suceed. Fingers crossed.

Rich

adding on to the bit about your friends claim with LTSB, they will more than likely pay up before the actual date. That's just another stalling tactic. The chances of LSTB actually letting the claim go that far are very slim indeed.

You will be fine :)