You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

davidRichards123

Lloyds DCA action over closed account...

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4023 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I've recently returned to the Uk after a couple of years abroad, and have now recieved a letter from a scottish dca, trying to chase a debt for just over £200 for Lloyds TSB.

When I returned to the UK I tried to reactivate my old Lloyds account, but was told that it was closed because it was dormant, no mention of the debt or anything, then 6 months later, the letter from the DCA.

Before I left for abroad I informed Lloyds TSB what I was doing, and got them to cancel all of my direct debits, at least I think I did!

I had a Classic account, so all the outstanding amount must be charges or something as there was no overdraft facility on this account.

I am completely incenced by this, since they have taken thousands off of me since 1999 in unfair charges, and I haven't untill now done anything about it.

My questions to you are as follows....

1.) Can I claim for unfair charges on an account that is closed?

2.) Should I instantly submit a claim to Lloyds for the ammount that the DCA are trying to get from me, so the account will moved into dispute, and prevent the dca acting on it?

3.) can I then subsequently submit a disclosure form to Lloyds (inclosing the £10) so that I can calculate how many additional £000's that Lloyds owes me, and then submit a claim for this ammount as well?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated...

Hey there,:p

well firstly they just cant go re-opening dormant accounts in most cases reopening a doormant acc isnt poss but on the occassions it is --it would only be done with the agreement and confirmation of the cust. When you stated to them you were going awayand to cancel all direct debits, they should have been checking that there were no standing orders of bill payments coming striaght off the debit card. now 1 of the main reasons that an acc cant be closed is if there are previous charges or interest due to either debit or credit.

And yep put your request for charges through regardless of the closed status...simply because there saying now that it isnt closed so if that what there sticking to then fine... there shouldnt be any reason they cant produce all the info your needing ......and chances are when you start requesting the past umpteen years worth of statements for a charges recliam they go back to the doorment story, so yeh get the data and submit your request. In relation to preventing the acc going with DCA, I pretty posative in the fact that its probs already there! best way to check that is on line with experian/credit expert you can then view all your credit history an if lloyds have taken u into default it will show on there.

LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED ANY OF THE ADD'S TO SEND YOUR INFO TOO....and if theres anything else i can help with(i work for the *%0!" LOL thats why i spend my time on here trying to help people!):p:p:p

:razz:*WELSHIEGAL*:razz:

*:p* So the Address to send your data subject...to is:

LLOYDSTSB BANK PLC,

COMPLIANCE DEPT,

MOUNT BATTON HOUSE,

MILITARY ROAD,

CHATHAM,

ME4 4JF

If your needing to get a hold/need statement's, then you can

COPY STATEMENTS UNIT,

LLOYDSTSB BANK PLC,

SWALLOW HOUSE,

10 SWALLOW STREET,

BIRMINGHAM,

B1 2AL

:razz:*WELSHIEGAL*:razz:

Hi David:)

I would just add that you should be careful not to ask for 'copy statements' specifically, as I understand they can charge you £5 per statement for this service. Within your Subject Access Request you should receive statements. Mr Landy and I received 3 bundles of paperwork each about 3 inches thick between us - so be prepared for an avalanche of A4! Do make sure you ask for all information going back to when your banking history with LTSB started. They do try to fob you off sometimes with only more recent info.

Also, be prepared for some stalling on their part - they may ask you to fill out their own specific DSAR form asking for details of the info you require as well as your signature. Normally Mr Landy and I wouldn't sign such things, but as we knew LTSB would already have plenty of examples of our sigs we did so. Furthermore, I believe financial institutions are within their rights to ask for proof of ID before they will process a SAR, although I think this is open to quite a lot of debate - if at all concerned you could always adapt your sig slightly.

Obviously make sure you send all letters via recorded delivery and keep envelopes of all responses you receive etc.

Good luck!

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%