Private Parking Ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5348 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All, am new to this forum thing so not sure how to do it so excuse my ignorance. I have been giiven a blue form in yello sticky bag last fri for parking in a pick up area at in a shopping centre car park. now i was not there very long and my friend had a very bad knee which was why i chose to park there. I have not yet been back to assess the info given around the are as i was in a rush coz i was ging away. I will endeavour to do this but in the mean time this form as i out it inform me that i was parked in an unauthorised area, the make and model of my car also reg and time of offence,. then it informs me that i will recieve a penalty of wot charge i do not knoe through the post in due course once the dvla have provided my full details. My main concern is that i was not there very long i did not see any sgns nor did i see any double yellows as i do not contravene the law as a steadfast rule. Wot if this yellow sticky bag had blown away??? May i also add that this is an new area that i have parked in on several occasions over the last few months after its opening and there have been NO restrictions in the past.

I do not mind paying a fine if i have done something wrong delibratley but this is not on. Can anybody give me any advice on my numerous questions. greatly apprieciated.

Edited by abzter1974
After thought

Dont tell me its from UKPC (RIGHT)

Just ignore it.

cant do nothing you will get a load of junk mail DCAs and more crap still IGNORE, it will go away in the end.

My advice is based on my opinion and my experience. It is not to be taken as legal advice as I am not legally qualified

If my advice has been helpful, please take a moment to click on the scales

on the bottom left hand side of my profile :p

• do not pay

• do not contact them

ignore their threatening junkmail

• they will go away

It's a [problem]. Privaye companies cannot issue fines. All you have is an unenforceable invoice.

Anybody can buy addresses for £2.50 a time from the DVLA. Doesn't mean anything.

• 3 weeks later...

They have now sent me a further pnc for the full amount and i am getting worried about it. should i still ignore it i have told them i will not be replying to any correspondance anyway but i think they may take me to court.

ignore

its actually an invoice because you broke the contract you have signed with them to park there.

"oh but i didn't sign a contract when l got out my car"

problem solved !

shread it!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thak you for all your prompt replies i will take your advice and silently worry myself to sleep. lol

"sleep" with great joy and pleasant dreams,

THEY CANT TAKE YOU TO COURT,

THEY ARE "STUFFED"

AS ABOVE (AND BRILLIANT ADVICE)

1: IGNORE

2: IGNORE

3: GO TO 1

CAB

• 3 weeks later...

oh do help. I am sorry to keep going on but i have now recieved a letter from a company called cartwell and wells, Which i must admit can not find a web site for at all. This is the trading name of the payment colllector ltd. It states that there client is ukpc and that the sum of 135.00 is now due and must be paid within 7 days if i wish to avoid court proceedings, and gives me names and no's of independant advice organisations such as the cccs and the citizens advice etc shold i require advice.

I have not yet replied to this letter dated the 10th aug and amj still panicing but sticking to my guns panicing not becausei think i have done something wrong and avoiding penalty but because the amount is slowly rising. What do i do, do i e-mail them saying i am seeking l;egal advice or tell them to take me to court or what.??

Please reply soon someone i am going away for 4 days tomo and dont want this ruining my hol's

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

OK, i have now recieved further letter stating they are now prparing to take me to court and are usually successfull in there cases. I have been to the citizens advice with all details and they state that they are legally able to fine me and should pay it and that the only mistake they have made is to escalate the amount due without resolving the appeal. I have written to the debt collectors and stated this and not yet heard back.

What can anybody tell me to re-assure me of my decisions to do what i have done.

I have been to the citizens advice with all details and they state that they are legally able to fine me and should pay it

:lol: :lol: :lol:

comments from CAB on this subject never fail to brighten our day on how crass they can be