style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5405 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We know that emotions can often run high in these threads and although CAG seeks to highlight injustices and provide help and advice that allow for retribution and democracy for those who feel they have been the victims of unlawful practices or breaches of codes of practice, there has to be a line drawn.

Feel free to post your stories and update progress.

However, please do not post personal details of directors or employee's addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses or photographs.

We pride ourselves on integrity and constructive dialogue that will bring results without being confrontational to individuals... it is the companies that are obliged to right wrongs and injustices. However tempted you feel to make personal attacks, please remember they are not permitted under any circumstances.

Also, please be aware of the potential for libel.

There have been far too many posts where company names have been linked to statements that are nothing more than rumour. If you have something to say about a company and can back this up with conclusive, independent evidence, then please include a link to this in your post - otherwise they will be removed.

Continued action in this manner will result in account moderation in order to protect our site.

We trust you will use your commonsense and judgement to reach our end goals without the need for this.

We seek justice for all those who have been a victim against bad practices.

Something I have been looking for is "third party debt". A sherif has been to enforce a company debt and he thinks he can take my van. He is trying to claim a company debt by taking a personal item. The van is registered to me in person. He will not listen to the points I make and I have legal documents to prove ownership but he said he is coming back to take it. I said he isn't. I have been advised if he does take it i can have a court order to get it returned and he can be sued. I don't need the hassle so should I get a statutory declaration of ownership and what if does not take notice of that? Notwithstanding I have e-mailed his company twice with the documents and payment proposals even though the service I received from the creditor is in question. The creditor is a solicitor who would have been paid if the bank had not pulled the OD without notice and the original court case is still ongoing.

I have started a new thread with your post.

You should get more help, that way.

Regards, Rooster.

• Haha 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Guest Happy Contrails

Your post doesnt say what sort of a bailiff you are dealing with, my thoughts suggest an HCEO, more: http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/ex345.pdf

If you pay a loss due to the unlawful action by an HCEO then you can fle a claim in the county court. Get advice in whether personal effects can be levied upon for a company debt. Limited Companies - Main Menu

Your post doesnt say what sort of a bailiff you are dealing with, my thoughts suggest an HCEO, more: http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/ex345.pdf

If you pay a loss due to the unlawful action by an HCEO then you can fle a claim in the county court. Get advice in whether personal effects can be levied upon for a company debt. Limited Companies - Main Menu

He is a HCEO. I have been talking to a business debt line where I asked "can a personal item (Van) and registered to me personally be taken in lieu of a Company (Ltd) debt?"

the answer was "no, it as a third party debt and so a personal item cannot be taken for the Company debt and if this happens where it is taken then I can apply for the return of the van and claim damages from the HCEO" My only problem is he won't listen.

He has said I should make arrangement to pay the debt. I have e-mailed his Office twice. Once with a file proving my ownership of the van and the first e-mail with a proposal to clear the debt. No response. I have also e-mailed the creditor and no response. He has been three times since then and not responding to any correspondence or any statute.

If I was self employed then the Supreme Courts Act 1981 Section 138 (3A) applies but I am told this is an ownership issue which prevents him taking it. He just argues.

Guest Happy Contrails

If he doesnt listen then thats his problem, its his liability insurance (if he has one) that picks up the bill when you file a claim for a new van & obstruction of the normal course of your business. Write everything down and keep accurate records of your dealings with the creditor and the HCEO.

If he doesnt listen then thats his problem, its his liability insurance (if he has one) that picks up the bill when you file a claim for a new van & obstruction of the normal course of your business. Write everything down and keep accurate records of your dealings with the creditor and the HCEO.

I keep all paperwork and e-mails. This debt arose where I commisioned a solicitor to work a case for us in the Ltd Company which is why the debt is to the company. When I was just about to pay the amount of the bill, the bank, Lloyds, after receiving a large sum of money into the account then anounced I was not going to be allowed to pay any bills and without warning.

The debt is for £1950 and I see the costs on his sheet are about £1100.

Guest Happy Contrails

Have you contacted the Law Society, the fees seem rather high for a debt of £1900. I dont know if you are personally liable for a comnpanys debts - I suggest you speak to an expert.

Company debts are company debts with a clear distinction. The only things a director are liable for are secured debts, (secured overdraft, loan etc) Business debtline says this is a company debt and the van is a personal item, on the log book DVLA, loan account and receipt in personal name.