• Tweets

• Good afternoon, I am writing because I am very frustrated. I received a parking fine from MET Parking Services Ltd , ( Southgate park Stansted CM24 1PY) . We stopped for a quick meal in Mcdonalds and were there fir around 30 mins. We always do this after flights and never received a parking fine before.  Reason: The vehicle left in Southgate car park without payment made for parking and the occupants southgate premises. they took some pictures of us leaving the car. i did not try and appeal it yet as I came across many forums that this is a scam and I should leave it. But I keep getting threatening letters.  Incident happened : 23/10/2023 I did contact Mcdonalds and they said this:  Joylyn (McDonald’s Customer Services) 5 Apr 2024, 12:05 BST Dear Laura, Thank you for contacting McDonald’s Customer Services. I’m sorry to hear that you have received a Parking Charge Notice following your visit to our Stansted restaurant.   We've introduced parking restrictions at some of our restaurants to make sure there are always parking spaces available for customers.   We appreciate that some visits such as birthday parties or large group visits might take longer and the parking restrictions aren't intended to stop this. If you think your stay will exceed the stated maximum parking time then please speak to a manager in advance.   Your number plate is scanned by our Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) system when you enter our car park, and then again when you leave. If you have overstayed the maximum time allowed, you will not be notified straight away- a Parking Charge Notice will be sent to you via the post.   If you feel that a Parking Charge Notice has been issued in error, please contact our approved contractors who issued the charge in order to appeal the charge. Unfortunately McDonald's are unable to revoke parking tickets- the outcome of the appeal is final and cannot be overturned by McDonald’s.   Many thanks for taking the time to contact McDonald’s Customer Services.   Can someone please help me out and suggest what I should do next?  Thank you 
    • Good Evening, I've got a fairly simple question but I'll provide some context incase needed. I've pursued a company that has operations in england despite them having no official office anywhere. I've managed to find a site they operate from and the papers there have been defended so I know they operate there. They've filed a defence which is honestly the worst defence ever, and despite being required to provide their witness evidence, they have not and have completely ignored the courts and my request for copies of it. I'm therefore considering applying to strike out their defence on the grounds the defence was rubbish and that they haven't provided any evidence for the trial. However, it has a trial date set for end of june, and a civil application wouldn't get heard until a week before then, so hardly worth it. However, my local court is very good at dealing with paper applications (i.e ones that don't need hearings, and frankly I think they are literally like 1-2 days from when you submit it to when a Judge sees it. I'm wondering if I can apply to strikeout a defence without a hearing OR whether a hearing is required for a strikeout application.   Thanks
    • I have just opened another bank acc with lloyds (i have a few already) After doing some research they may have some relation to tsb or be apart of the same group will this cause me issue if my salary is paid into my lloyds account? Also, if the debts do go into default and nothing is paid then after 6 years it all goes away? As the DCAs cannot do anything? I do want to start paying in like 3/4 months or do you advise I leave it if it goes into default? again sorry for all the questions, i am just processing everything
    • one reply only  follow post 2 of letter of claim <<clickme link. dx
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

first direct wont send SAR/data protection without signature

iseo94
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4683 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone shed some light? I have sent SAR to first direct with fee but without signature. They have replied that they need a signature to verify identity. I have replied that the law does not require me to sign anything but I am willing to go to a local branch and provide proof of id in the form of a passport. FD replied no can do. Only when they receive my signature and have verified it, they will then have forty days to comply.

Has anyone experienced this avoidance tactic?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hello and Welcome,

You could try sending them this...........

Dear Sir,

You have stipulated that you require proof of my identity/signature before you comply with my Subject Access Request, may I bring the following to your attention;

Data Protection Act Good Practice Notes:

2. Do you have enough information to be sure of the requester’s identity?

Often you will have no reason to doubt a person’s identity. For example, if a person with whom you have regular contact sends a letter from their known address it may be safe to assume that they are who they say they are.

Suffice to say that if the Information Commissioners Office are satisfied that if you have previously corresponded with me at this address then it is reasonable that I am the person I say I am, therefore there is no leglislation nor guidelines that you can hide behind in an attempt to avoid fullfilling my legal request.

If you still fail to comply to my legal request, I will have no other option than to complain to the Information Commissioners Office & if my complaint is upheld you will be liable to a £5000 fine.

Yours,

Print name do not sign.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Thank you so much Maroondevo52 for your speedy reply.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I have moved address, but I have been corresponding with three different debt collection agencies at my current address and have been paying a nominal amount since 2006!

My drivers licence is still in my old address for id, though.

Hi,

Send the letter and see what they come back with.

Regards.

Scott.

ok Scott, will do.

I have been fighting to keep the vulchures from my door since 2006 and finally had the good fortune to find this website. I have been trawling through these forums, many many hours of informative reading! since january and have finally taken the plunge.

Thanks again for your support and i'll let you know what Ms Howard at First Direct has to say about this letter.

Hi,

Glad you find this site helpfull :) I know when I found it, I was in deep trouble and not sure which way to turn.

Thankfully I can now see the 'light' at the end of the tunnel.

Good luck with that.

Regards.

Scott.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

hi

first direct have replied with

"thank for your letter of 7 july 2009.

i note that despite our numerous letters asking you to provide a valid signature to enable us to authenticate your request,we continue to receive correspondence either unsigned or with an invalid signature (i printed my name).

failure to provide the required information will result in any furture correspondence being destroyed without responce,as we would be unable to fulfil our obligations under the data protection act.

yours sincerely

janet brook"

WOW! so if i dont send a signature in ms brook will bin all future letters!

do i report FD to information commissioner now?

just to clarify, i have offered to go to a branch of hsbc (fd & hsbc being one and same) with passport in hand, i have been corresponding with numerous debt collectors acting on behalf of fd for 3 years, i have been paying a nominal amount to fd from this address for 3 years.

i think fd have been banging on charges left right and centre and i dont think they have a valid signed agreement.

the debts in question are a loan, credit card and overdraft.

would appreciate any feedback

thank you

Hi,

Looks like, janet brook's not to happy with you :)

Have you seen this...............

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/announcement.php?f=24&a=162

Maybe worth a punt for £4

Regards.

Scott.

Try this............

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/digitalsignature.php

Regards.

Scott.

Hi,

Don't think we'd advertise it if it was'nt.

Regards.

Scott.

Hi,

Don't think we'd advertise it if it was'nt.

Regards.

Scott.

Hi,

I have had the same problem with the lady you mentioned, it took me 4 attempts to attain my DPA info in the end. You DO NOT have to send you signature to the lady in question :mad:. I believe these are delay tactics used by FD.

If you would like me to send you details on my letters, upon which they did eventually supply my DPA notes then please contact me directly - I don't wish to add the letters here as then FD would know my identity (and I still have outstanding issues with them and their DCA (Metropolitan) & DG chasing me when the account is in dispute!).

Don't give up! I had a perfect account history for over 15 years until I became disabled and unable to work. The vultures were relentless after just 3 months, making my illness worse. I won't let them get me down, and neither should anyone else. We just have to stand up for our rights!

• 4 weeks later...

ok, letters have hit the mat from fredrickson so have bitten the bullet and sent ms brooks a letter with a secure signature.

lets see what happens (am a big time conspiracy theorist, and am bracing myself, lol):(

quick update, reply from Fd says that they have contacted information commissioner and have been told to quote sec 7 para 3 data protection act, which states, in short, they have the right to satisfy themselves of who I am. She is also saying that i have not supplied a valid signature, although i did send the last request with a security signature.

i'm going to write a letter to the information comm' stating that i have sent a signature, albeit one on a security strip,i have offered to collect from a branch with a passport and confirming that i have been in contact with a dca for past 3 years and paying instalments for that time.i'm hoping he'll contact Fd & give them a kick up the you know where. i'll also send a copy to Fd & see what happens.

if anyone has anymore ideas, i'd appreciate your input :)

ok, complaint form finally completed, (4 attempts to send web complaints form timed out, changed all formats of letters to attach, then changed back again to print!total 5 hours 35 mins!yey!)sending by post today with all correspondance with Fd.

also sending a copy to Fd:)

• 1 month later...

Hi all

I received a standard aknowledgement letter from the commissioner re complaint on 3 september and a letter from fredrickson stating that they are putting case on hold until they are in receipt of instructions from their client (first direct) back in August but i've received nothing from first direct.

has anyone got any suggestions?

should i go for court order forcing disclosuer pursuant to cpr31.16?

i really want to keep up the momentum, anyone's thoughts would be greatly appreciated.:)

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I am also experiencing the same problem with two banks I have sent SAR requests to. I sent off the letters on 02/10/10 and received a reply yesterday and today asking for signatures. I use a different name to what the accounts were held in and live at a different address but sent them a copy of my old passport (in the name the know me) decree absolute and birth certificate. Can anybody help with a template letter or legislation I can quote to go back to them please?

• 2 months later...

Hello

I'm having problems with FD who are saying they will not process my SAr request due to not verifying signature. I don't want to speak to them on the phone. I wrote and offered to go into my local HSBC with passport etc. They said no. I wrote and said that there was no legal obligation for me to provide a signature, but they are just refusing. How can I proceed?? Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can write to get them to comply??

Kittie

• 2 weeks later...

Not wanting to push in on your thread here but i am also defending a county court claim that is presently stayed pending them complying with my CPR Request . I informed them that they have not kept to the rules regarding banking practice.

They have responded by making a request to the court to amend thier particulars of Claim.

Any advice ? no replies re this issue from other sections of the forum

Hi,

I feel for you, banks just seem to make the rules up for themselves. I would write to the judge about it. Surely you will get to see their new particulars of claim. What was the basis of their original claim? ie what documents are they relying on? Have you put in any counter claim?

Best

Kittie

Hi again, Thanks for reply .The claim was brought under a bank account facility and I only had a credit card with them. They closed the crdit card and tried to off set to a bank account which i didnt hav.So they opened up a new account for the sole purpose of getting out of their legal obligation under the consumer credit act and at the same time trying to deny me my legal right under the same act. As you may know banking law is very different and very much in favour of the banks

They can legally 'of set' the arrears on a credit card by taking money from another account if you have one with the same bank. but in my case they invented one and i pointed this out . so now they are rushing to amend their original claim that is presently stayed back to a credit card that the initially terminated.