1st Credit breach of DPA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5399 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hope someone can help.

I have a credit card debt with Abbey which I can not pay off and am now being pursued by 1st Credit.

They recently sent a threatening letter regarding my personal credit card debts to the registered office address of a company of which I am a director which also happens to be the address of my accountant and the companies accountant so I was not best pleased.

The company has an Abbey business account and I am sure that the only way 1st Credit could have obtained this address and been made aware of the connection between me personally and the company is by information from Abbey.

I believe there must have been a breach of the DPA somewhere and what I would like to know is what action I should/can take.

This is not the first time Abbey have been sneaky,when I missed some payments on the credit card they took funds from my personal current account to pay the credit card without telling me they were doing it which left direct debits unpaid and incurred charges.

When I complained they said the terms and conditions of my credit card and current account allowed them to do that.

Any suggestions about how to deal with that if there is anything I can do?

where i have been treated similarly by a bank i just stopped paying money into the account and went to another bank. not sure if that would work for you but my situation is such there is not much they can do about it.

As for 1st credit, start by asking them for a copy of your CCA and proof that you owe them anything, also report them to the OFT TS your MP the CSA and anyone else you can think of, they are sailing so close to the wind they are bound to capsise any time now.

Edited by count orlok