You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• ok again thanks for all advice , im going to continue and struggle on paying the wifes debts and maybe look at getting reduced payments but as for mine i think ill go down the DRO route and try get it sorted but will see and open new bank account somewhere first
    • Nothing to do with your own Bank.     Try to withdraw the money from Parentpay early next week and if no joy contact them.   It may be that the money is showing, but has not fully cleared on their system,
    • Hi all,   Just an update with contractual terms. These terms are from a contract at a similar time to when Tracey started as we think they have changed since.   The contract reads as follows:   Termination of employment  Xxxxxxx (Nursery) will provide written notice of termination of your employment in accordance with statutory requirement (currently 1 week’s notice for each year of continuous service, up to a maximum 12 week’s notice).   Once you have successfully completed your probationary period for the company you are required to give 1 month’s written notice of termination of employment.   Regards   Matt             
    • Thanks for helping with the post;   Still waiting for a reply from the DPD.
    • I thank the Consumer Action Group Members for getting me this far in my case which is still in progress.   Situation: The Court has reversed earlier permission for me to rely on witness summaries.    The question upon which I am seeking help, please,  is - do I need to bother myself as to why the Court has reversed permission to rely on witness summaries?  If so, what line of logic or law can might I follow because clearly, the Court has said one thing and then another a few weeks later, of its own motion, the Court has reversed the earlier decision. I find this development quite extraordinary in the sense that as a result of being granted permission earlier, I served the three Witness Summons which had the Court stamp.   Background Having given me permission to serve 'Witness Summons' which I served on 3 hostile witnesses several weeks ago, the Court has now reversed it's earlier decision, and refused me permission to rely on 'witness summaries' pursuant to paragraph 32.9(2), citing that I have not shown steps taken to obtain witness statements from the 3 hostile witnesses.  I however, made two attempts to talk to the hostile witnesses who have been non responsive and I can evidence this.   I would be immensely grateful for some steer from Forum Members, please.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
Regret_my_Debt

Contacted by Tucan Claims - avoid at all cost - Please Help!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3358 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I'm new around here, and hope I've asked this in the right place. I could really use some help.

I've been on a repayment plan to 4 credit cards for the past few years (I'm not on an official IVA, just paying back what I owe but the credit companies froze my interest when I told them I had financial problems).

Last week I was contacted by a company called Tucan claims (who have also written to me countless times). They are adamant that I have been missold PPI for all of my cards and are asking me to go ahead with a claim.

They request £250 upfront (which they tell me is refundable if I don't claim?)

I don't have an issue paying upfront if this service is actually going to gain me something..... but I am very suspicious. I was wondering is anyone else has any experience of either, a) using tucan claims in the past for this type of service b) using a similar company for such claims, or c) Is this just a waste of time / money.

As I said, I am really suspicious of any company who wants a fee up front, but any help / advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

PS. I have tried to search the forum for info on this company but haven't been able to find anything.

Hello and Welcome, Regret my Debt.

I've never heard of this company myself, but know you can do it all yourself, well with the help from people on this site.

Have a look at Alanalana's post in this thread...........

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/206715-ppi-halifax.html

That should give you some idea of how to get started, regarding your Credit Cards, have you any charges you could re-claim.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hey Scott

Thank you very much for the prompt reply and useful links, looks like plenty of interesting reading for me later :smile:.

Also, congratulations on such an informative site, i'll be sure to make a small donation. Sites like this are so useful to people like myself who don't have any experience with these types of issues.

Once again thank you and I'll be sure to post on the outcome.

Andy

Good stuff, glad you find the site helpful, I know I did when I found it :)

That was about 3 years ago :eek:

Stick around and see if you can help anyone else ;)

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Stay away from this company, they called me for the same reason, they only took 199.99 from me but then i never heard a word back from them :x! i am due alot of money back from miss sold ppi so have been searching for different companies and came across this site and saw this post, so i registered to let you know.

So please stay away unless you want to be left in the dark like me.

Hope this helps :D

Hey I've heard of them and have also been contacted by them, They did also ask me for an upfront fee of £250 with only a 10% fee at the back end....I was a bit jubious about paying the upfront fee but i thought i'd take the gamble and they actally came up trumps for me! and i got a fair amount back from all the Ppi i took out over the years!

I'd recommend them to anyone!

Dug

I'd only recommend any of these companies to anyone who simply doesn't have the time to follow the guides, post on here when they need help and doesn't mind giving their money away.

It's really quite straightforward and, as with Bank Charges claims, is simple enough to do on your own. I'd encourage anyone to do it themselves rather than use ambulance chasers.

Hey I've heard of them and have also been contacted by them, They did also ask me for an upfront fee of £250 with only a 10% fee at the back end....I was a bit jubious about paying the upfront fee but i thought i'd take the gamble and they actally came up trumps for me! and i got a fair amount back from all the Ppi i took out over the years!

I'd recommend them to anyone!

Dug

You should have had it all and contractual interest at the rate you were charged during the life of the loan or credit card + the 8% statutory interest.

Did you?

I too have been misled by Tucan Claims and would say to all NEVER USE THEM After taking me for £199 I have only heard empty promises and I now fear for my money. Although they are registered by the Ministry of Justice this only means they are a registered company but nothing else. There's one way to deal with them, i.e. everyone with a bad experience [of which there seems to be many] to spread the news and hope it saves anyone else grief and MONEY !!!

Hi I just want to say to anyone who reads this to STAY AWAY FROM TUCAN CLAIMS!!!

I was told back in September 09 that they could not help me with my claim. I fouNd out because I called them - I never got written confirmation of this!!

Since September 2009 I have been waiting to get my deposit back, aprox £199. I call them several times a month and I keep getting the same story: that the customer services will send a request to the department that deals with processing the cheques and that soon I will get my cheque (the cheques are sent out every Friday). They have managed to keep me quiet for a few moths because they ensure me that 'this time it will definetely' go out. But guess what; it doesn't!!!! I have been very naive.

It's been 6 months since then. People who contact Tucan Claims are probably desperate people like me who are struggling to pay their bills. It was so hard for me to find the money to pay for the deposit and now that they can't help me I can't get MY money back. I am so upset. They are playing with people's lives - people who are already struggling.

I am on a mission to complain and share my experience in every single forum that I can find. if I can't get my money back I will make sure that I share my story with EVERYONE.

Today I wrote to the body that regulates this type of company. I will let you know what happens. But still, it shouldn't have to lead to this. I just want MY money back so I can move on - and pay my bills!!!!

If anyone has had a similar experience (especially with a successful outcome) I would love to hear from you - maybe there's something else that I can do to get my money back???

:-x:(

Dont go with this Company I have been trying to get my £250 back for 5 months now and they come up with excuse after excuse, I have taken this up with National Newspaper and still awaiting response, please dont waste your money with Tucon Claims.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3358 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you