style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I am in a rare situation today, one that I have never come across before. I am planning on renting a flat in London for the next week and went to this website which offered me reasonable rent and so I went ahead and booked it and sent them money online. Now the agent is not responding back. The agent did send me her Bank details (Halifax bank, UK) with sort code and also sent me her Passport copy as proof. But after the money is transferred she is not receiving my calls. I tried calling her from other number, she received that call and when asked about my transaction she said she will check her bank and let me know.

I am travelling with my parents & children and I cant go about searching for accomodation when I Land in London. Do I call police and complain? Is she Dodgy ? Will I get my money back? What do I do now? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hello and Welcome, Alders.

Sorry, I can't help you much, but will move your thread to a more appropriate Forum, where, hopefully you'll get the help you require.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hello all,

I am in a rare situation today, one that I have never come across before. I am planning on renting a flat in London for the next week and went to this website which offered me reasonable rent and so I went ahead and booked it and sent them money online. Now the agent is not responding back. The agent did send me her Bank details (Halifax bank, UK) with sort code and also sent me her Passport copy as proof. But after the money is transferred she is not receiving my calls. I tried calling her from other number, she received that call and when asked about my transaction she said she will check her bank and let me know.

I am travelling with my parents & children and I cant go about searching for accomodation when I Land in London. Do I call police and complain? Is she Dodgy ? Will I get my money back? What do I do now? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Theres the possibility that you have been the victim of a [problem]. All you can do is wait and see if she contacts you again after she has checked her bank, it could all be a misunderstanding.

I would report the matter to the police, although they will likley class it as a civil matter and do nothing more.

You need to be prepared for the possibiity that the money is lost and you wont get it back.

Edited by Planner

Is there no other way I can trace her? The website is (Edit)

and the agent Name is (Edit). Her website is still running. Where should I complain against her and her website and can the Bank not trace her Account and adress. I have her Passport copy (Hoping thats not fake as well) :(

Edited by maroondevo52
Removed commercial link and named person

Is there no other way I can trace her? The website is

(Edit) and the agent Name is (Edit). Her website is still running. Where should I complain against her and her website and can the Bank not trace her Account and adress. I have her Passport copy (Hoping thats not fake as well) :(

Have you spoken to her again since?

Theres an address on the website which ou can always call in at when you get over here.

If it is a [problem] then you might be able to complain to the ISP that hosts the site to have it removed although the 'evidence' you have at the moment that it is a [problem] is potentially pretty shaky.

I dont think the bank will assist you in tracing her address.

Not sure what use her passport (if it is real) could be.

Edited by maroondevo52
Removed commercial link and named person

She E-mailed us last on Tuesday informing us she received the money and after that she has been completely avoiding us. We tried calling her using many different number, she calls us backa and after hearing us she puts the receiver back on hook:mad:

We are planning to go straight to the place mentioned on the website and from then on decide what to do . I understand I cant lodge a complaint until we the actual date, so its a wait game really.

Wanting so much to catch her and give her a peice of my mind right now:(

When do you arrive in the UK?

I noted that the telephone number provided is a mobile number. The fax number is an 0203 - these numbers have only just been issued so this no. is very new - not a long-established number.

I do have a suggestion though: Why don't you send her a fax saying that you are concerned that you have been unable to have a conversation with her to confirm the arrangements for which you have paid.

Ask her to please respond by return regarding these arrangements and say that if you do not hear from her, you will feel that you have no alternative but to contact the authorities.

I am not sure this will help, but it might be worth a try.

Kentish Lass

Information given is based on my knowledge and experience and is not to be considered as legal advice

Thanks for the suggetion. I think thats the only way right now.

I will arrive in UK on 11th of July, I had booked the apartment for 4 days starting from 11th July. I am looking for other alternatives now.