You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• I thank the Consumer Action Group Members for getting me this far in my case which is still in progress.   Situation: The Court has reversed earlier permission for me to rely on witness summaries.    The question upon which I am seeking help, please,  is - do I need to bother myself as to why the Court has reversed permission to rely on witness summaries?  If so, what line of logic or law can might I follow because clearly, the Court has said one thing and then another a few weeks later, of its own motion, the Court has reversed the earlier decision. I find this development quite extraordinary in the sense that as a result of being granted permission earlier, I served the three Witness Summons which had the Court stamp.   Background Having given me permission to serve 'Witness Summons' which I served on 3 hostile witnesses several weeks ago, the Court has now reversed it's earlier decision, and refused me permission to rely on 'witness summaries' pursuant to paragraph 32.9(2), citing that I have not shown steps taken to obtain witness statements from the 3 hostile witnesses.  I however, made two attempts to talk to the hostile witnesses who have been non responsive and I can evidence this.   I would be immensely grateful for some steer from Forum Members, please.
    • Pubs all seem to be doing a roaring trade around here. It does make me feel uncomfortable but At least they are finally making some money. Our area, the South West never really got hit badly by the pandemic. Wiltshire has regularly seeing zero confirmed cases and deaths. So we will have to see how opening pubs really pans out!     
    • Thanks for filling in the forum sticky and well done on reading up.  The more info. we all take in, the more we know what the real legal position is and how to fight sharks like CEL.   As you'll have seen, CEL are one of the most dishonest and greediest of the PPCs.  If you had indisputable proof that your car was on Mars at the time, they'd find a way to reject your appeal!  Sadly POPLA has become more & more useless, as your experience shows.  Instead of managing the car park in a professional manner, it's highly likely that CEL don't illuminate the signs at night deliberately in order to catch out motorists like yourself.   The good news is that the only person who can make you pay this "debt" is a judge, after a court case.  So from now on ignore any begging letters from CEL and/or their rent-a-threat DCAs, but do not ignore a Letter Before Action/Claim which is a formal notice of intention to start court proceedings.  However, don't waste your time while ignoring them, build a case.  Like dx says, look up the planning permission.  If the KFC is local to you, go back in the evening and get pix of their pathetic signage.  Please post up what you wrote in your appeal too.   As a belt & braces approach, get on to KFC and demand they cancel the ticket.  Show all the proof you were a genuine customer and point out that you stayed an extra 19 minutes because you were consuming more food & drink!  However, what we often find is that the bod who runs the local branch often doesn't have much power, so don't faff around.  If the local branch don't cancel within 48 hours get on to to the area manager, and if you get no joy there in 48 hours go to CEO level.   It's highly likely that if you had complained to KFC straight away and ignored CEL's kangaroo court procedure that the matter would have been resolved there & then, but hey, what is done is done and you still have a great chance of seeing off these fleecers.
    • if you are twisting sideways to takaway pubs? rather than opening pubs as you initially referred   ... thats always been cheaper at off licences and supermarkets isn't it, and rather defeats the point of pubs, and restaurants?   WHAT are you actually saying/claiming/suggestion if anything?
    • They have got a plan https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/restaurants-offering-takeaway-or-delivery   It seems pretty clear to me.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
PGH7447

Cattles fails to meet payment deadline - July 7 2009

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3992 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

FT.com / UK - Cattles fails to meet payment deadline

Cattles, the beleaguered UK subprime lender, said it had defaulted on an interest payment due to its bondholders on Sunday.

In a market statement yesterday, Cattles said that holders of about £400m of a 7.125 per cent bond due for repayment in 2017 had not received the interest payment due on July 5.

The bonds were last quoted at 11.5p in the pound on Friday, according to data from HSBC.

Cattles has been in talks with its debtholders for some time and last Wednesday dismissed six senior executives, as well as announcing the departure of David Postings, its chief executive, following an independent review of the company.

Questions had been raised after the revelation in March that the lender had incorrectly deferred impairment charges on its loan book. The error led the company to underestimate its bad debts by about £700m.

Trading in the shares of the company has been suspended since April.

Cattles' statement yesterday added that it continued to be in "constructive discussions" with its finance providers and that a further update on the situation was expected soon.

The July 5 bond payment was the first of two deadlines faced this month by the company. It has been in talks with a syndicate of 22 banks, led by Royal Bank of Scotland, to refinance £500m of wholesale funding by July 14.

The company had earlier negotiated a standstill agreement under which payments to debtholders would be suspended while a restructuring arrangement was worked out.

Discussions have been hampered, however, by disagreements among debtholders over who would rank highest in payment priority if Cattles went into administration.

The banks believe they rank ahead of bondholders because of a guarantee given to the banks by Welcome, a Cattles subsidiary, that banks and private placement noteholders will receive most of the cash the company gets back from its customers. Bondholders dispute this. So they are starting to fight over the carcass

If no resolution is forthcoming in the next few weeks, then Cattles is expected to fall into administration and the debt-holder dispute is likely to go to court.

Hurrah, lets hope welcome, lewis and clueless go with them

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Update

from the evening standard 09/07/09

Crisis-hit Cattles still in deadlock on debt

Cattles, the crisis-struck subprime lender, has failed to reach an agreement with its banks on a £500 million loan which expires today.

It remains locked in talks with its lenders, led by Royal Bank of Scotland, to obtain a standstill agreement on its debts. Cattles is expected to collapse into administration if no resolution is forthcoming.:D

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Update

Cattles last-ditch talks go on as deadline looms

Published Date: 14 July 2009

STRICKEN sub-prime lender Cattles was last night locked in eleventh-hour talks with its banks and bondholders, as a key refinancing deadline looms.

The Batley company is desperately trying to secure the backing of a syndicate of 22 banks to refinance a £500m credit line, which expires today. If the company fails to win the backing of its creditors, it faces going into administration.

etc etc

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20090715-701963.html

Update 15/07/09

LONDON (Dow Jones)--U.K. subprime lender Cattles PLC (CTT.LN) Wednesday said its lenders have agreed to extend its GBP500 million syndicated banking facility from a maturity date of July 14 to Dec. 31.

The syndicated loan is led by Royal Bank of Scotland Group PLC (RBS) and there are 22 banks in the syndicate.

Cattles, whose shares are currently suspended, said it has also entered into further agreements and changes to its banking facility with all its bank lenders and US Private Placement noteholders as it looks to stabilize the financial position of its subsidiary Welcome Financial Services Ltd. and its other divisions.

The lender added that it was still in talks with all its banks with a view to "achieving a formal standstill agreement."

----------

Looks like they have been let off:mad:

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

update 210709

FT.com / Financials - Cattles bondholders plan to step up pressure on debt talks

Cattles bondholders plan to step up pressure on debt talks

By Anousha Sakoui

Published: July 21 2009 03:00 | Last updated: July 21 2009 03:00

Bondholders of Cattles have been working on a plan to seek repayment, potentially increasing the pressure on negotiations over a restructuring of the subprime lenders' debts.

Holders of the outstanding bonds due in 2017, on which the company recently defaulted on interest payments, have been working on plans to send a so-called acceleration notice to HSBC, the trustee of the bonds, according to people familiar with the matter.

A notice of acceleration is a request for repayment. More than 25 per cent of holders of the 2017 bonds, the necessary minimum needed, have backed the move.

A spokesman for Cattles declined to comment.

etc etc

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

better and better

update 23 07 09

PWC comes under scrutiny for Cattles audit - Times Online

PWC comes under scrutiny for Cattles audit

PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC), the UK’s largest accountancy firm, is being investigated by the financial reporting regulator into its oversight of Cattles, the beleaguered sub-prime and doorstep lender.

The inquiry by the Accountancy and Actuarial Discipline Board (AADB), part of the Financial Reporting Council, comes after Cattles this month said that it had undertaken a clearout of senior management over a “breakdown” in its internal controls. Six senior directors were fired.

Cattles has been in crisis since February, when PWC raised questions over the level of impairment charges that it was taking to cover a surge in problem loans. In April, having issued two profit warnings, Cattles suspended trading in its shares and said that it would no longer be able to publish its report and accounts, due by the end of that month.

The AADB said today that it would investigate the preparation, approval and audit by PWC of the financial statements of Cattles and its Welcome Finance business for the year ended December 31, 2007 and interim financial statements for the first half of 2008

etc etc

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

smiles all round

update

10:55 pm, July 23, 2009

Cattles moves closer to sale of invoice finance arm

Troubled personal lending group Cattles has said it has entered into “advanced negotiations” over the sale of its Manchester-based invoice finance arm.

The company released a statement after the markets closed on Thursday stating that it is in advanced talks with a preferred bidder and that it would make a further announcement as soon as it was apporporiate.

In April, Crain’s revealed that the firm was in exclusive talks with a London-based private equity house regarding a bid for the company, which has managed to retain most of its client base and staff during an uncertain 12 months for the Batley-based Cattles Group. Last year, the invoice finance arm made a profit of £3.1m on sales of £16.9m.

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

update 30/07

Troubled Cattles says all options are open - Yorkshire Post

Troubled Cattles says all options are open

1pixel_spacer.gif

AILING sub-prime lender Cattles left the door open to a debt-for-equity swap at a stormy annual shareholder meeting yesterday.

Board members at the Batley-based company, which has warned of a potential £850m black hole in its accounts, said that all options remained open as it restructured after having its shares suspended.

Margaret Young, the new executive chairman of a revamped board, also confirmed to shareholders that a whistleblower had raised concerns about Cattles' finances. Journalists were denied entry to the meeting but the Yorkshire Post has been told what was said.

etc etc

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------