You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

moonshinebabe

council tax question

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4009 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hiya

Im in receipt of DLA and Carers allowance for my son, and was just wondering should i get a discount on council tax? Im married.

Anyone know?

Just to clarify, the DLA is for my son and I get the Carers allowance, but was wondering if there is a reduction for council tax at all?

There probably isnt but its worth an ask - if you dont ask you dont get, right??

Im asking because we are really struggling with our CT payments right now.

Hopefully someone will know the answer!

If your husband works thenit`s unlikely you`ll get council tax relief. My wife and I are disabled on DLA. She`s in Incapacity Benefit I`m on Employment Support Allowance.Wife gets a pension of £400 and they turned us down. Fill in the forms though but be prepared to produce lots of paperwork. Best to make an appointment to go and see them. Good luck!

IF I HAVE BEEN ANY HELP AT ALL OR JUST MADE YOU LAUGH AT MY STUPIDITY PLEASE MARK MY PERFORMANCE!

ALSO REMEMBER TO DONATE. EVERY LITTLE HELPS AND THE FORUMS ARE FOR YOU!;)

If your son has a disability that requires you have a separate room (not his bedroom), for example for wheelchair storage or other equipment, or needs his own separate facilities (a shower for example). It might be worth your while ringing them up and ask for an application form, but reductions usually apply for those sort of reasons or if you've had to have alterations to your home, hope this helps.

Your son's DLA is completely disregarded as income for council tax purposes. Are you claiming wtc/ctc and if so are you getting the disibility element for ctc?

If you have savings of less than £16000 it must be worth making a claim - but if you had that sum you wouldn't be having council tax problems. Get a claim in next week - all claims start the Monday after you submit the form. If you don't have everything to hand you have one month to post it in after that.

All councils use a formula of 'applicable amounts' (the amounts the governments say you need to live on) to work out entitlements. A married couple with a disabled child need to keep more of their income to live on than say a single person living on her own.

Eyeball - your dla would not have been counted - it would have been the incapacity benefit, ESA and occupational pension that would have been counted as income.

If my advice has been helpful tip the scales

West brom SETTLED

Halifax current SETTLED IN FULL

halifax curent (2nd) stayed. Visa - SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

halifax for the 3rd time. LBA sent

Egg - SETTLED GE Money - SETTLED Barclaycard SETTLED twice

Sainsbury's - Awaiting court date

Co-op cc SETTLED IN FULL 2nd claim. Settled in full

National Westminster Settled in full. 2nd claim. N1 submitted

HFC bank SETTLED. HFC 2nd claim - lba sent 21/10/08 Time Retail N1 filed Argos settled in full Creation - SETTLED IN FULL