You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

carolan78

Advice Required re Renting privatley with poor credit

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4021 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Our tenancy agreement is up in November and I know the LL will want to put the rent up which we simply can not afford, so I can see us needing to look elsewhere. We found our current landlord through a board he had advertsing the property to let himself.

If we were to go to an Estate Agent I know we wouldn't get through their credit checks and can't offer 6 months rent in advance. We have nobody we could use as a guarentour (spelling?) either.

Any advice on how we can possibly stop ourselves becoming homeless? We are on the council housing list but don't hold out much hope of getting anything before the contract expires in November. We have 2 children under 5 if that makes a differance to help that maybe available.

You must ask a rent tribunal to decide if the rent that is being proposed is suitable.

This will likley prompt the LL to serve you notice to leave. At this point you must inform the council that you are liklley to become homeless. They will advise you to continue to pay rent until you are evicted (with a court order). At which point you will be considered a priority and found a home.

Thanks for the reply, not too sure what the LL will do if we refuse a higher rent as he hasn't put our deposite in a TDS or provided a tennancy agreement even though I have asked a million times. He is shoddy to be honest and I hate not been able to settle and make the house a home :(