Cabot does not have CCA

pulu31

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4530 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I have received a letter from Cabot in reply to my CCA Request. They have told me that they do not have the requested paperwork but will apply to the original lender for a copy. Can anyone tell me

1) is the account now in dispute, and

2) if so, do I stop making the repayments?

Thanks in anticipation.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The account is in dispute once they pass the 12+2 working day deadline.

:)I am not an expert, but I can give good advice about Brighthouse:)

Am learning more and more about DCA's too :)

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!

Name a creditor or DCA and you will find they have defaulted on this request - including Cabot :) There are many, many threads regarding disputing accounts ;)

The outcome depends on who you are dealing with, but generally, once it is in dispute, you will find this being passed around the DCA's for a long time to come. Each time they pass it on, you send them a "bemused" letter so they send it back to whomever they got it off.

This is unless you are really lucky and they back off straight away......doubtful though.

:)I am not an expert, but I can give good advice about Brighthouse:)

Am learning more and more about DCA's too :)

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though!