You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4025 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice. In 2004 a direct debit i thought id canceled took me around £5 or £6 overdrawn but the bank didnt inform me for a couple of weeks. I actually found out when I went to try and take my last £10 out and was confronted with an account balance that was something in the region of £80+ overdrawn.

I went in and asked for an explanation and they told me from the day I had gone overdrawn they had been, and would continue to be, charging £8 per day, as well as a £40 charge that would be added the month after. Having recieved no letter by this point I was shocked and I had no income or money to pay any of it off.

I asked for help but they were not really interested in helping and just told me all they could do was close my account, which i agreed to.

Extra charges were added over time and I fell into the trap of ignoring the debt even after they took out a ccj. After the bailifs came knocking more recently it brought me to my senses and Im now paying it off.

My question is what I can now do. The charges were all unfair/ilegal, which was the basis for almost all the debt. This also means they used ilegal charges to take me to court, im sure if I did that it would mean serious trouble. Will I be able to reverse the ccj, reclaim the charges and also reclaim the court costs and bailif costs etc, as well as what I can get removed from my credit file.

Sorry my post is a bit long, i wasnt really sure how to describe my situation. I was in a bad place when this happened so not really able to deal with it. I didnt even have a bank account for 3 years after this.

Thanks,

Michael