style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5404 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya everyone. I have just recently paid off an N-Power dual fuel bill of £1586 (gas and electric) which was a period of 9 months. Signed up to them in July 2008 as i was approached by their sales representatives in a train station, promoting their capped price tariffs until 2011. Signed up, received a first bill in January 2009 for £1020. I disputed this amount and then the complaints procedure started. Various letters, phone calls and then finally in april 2009 my complaint was sent to the executive complaints department. It turns out the monkey who I signed up with didn't set me up on the capped price tariff properly, i was on a STANDARD tariff. Both gas and electric bills were recalculated bringing the figure up to £1586. My mother is with EDF and her bills don't even reach the extortionate rate that n-power has charged me and she has 5 others living with her. I have read a lot of the threads on this website about n-power conning their customers and i would like to get that money back what i paid, as it has left me both financially and personally stressed. Any tips welcome on how i could pursue this. Thanks

So your bill actually went up? Surely the capped tariff should be cheaper than the standard?

I think the first thing to do (if you haven't already) is get a breakdown of the bill from npower. How many units of both gas and electricity are they saying you've used, what rate are they charging it at.

Then read your meter(s), and see if the values match up

So am i right in saying, your orginal bill was £1020 on npower's standard tariff & they rebilled you on the capped 2011 tariff which resulted in an amended account for £1586? & if so did the amended account cover the same period or a longer period?

CK

sounds to me like NPOWER may charge a premium for their capped price tariff, which is why the bill went up when they re-billed the account. Certain other suppliers in this instance would only change the tariff going forward as it is not in your favour.

I've come accross many accounts at work where our tariff dept will not alter the tariff as it would not be in the customers favour, thats why i asked maybe it covers a longer period.