Parking PNC (Civil)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

just taken a TV etc to my brothers, he lives in a Residents/Shared Parking Zone.

I parked there as i was not going to be long and due to the waight of the TV etc 50"

when i came back to the car, i had a PNC ticket on my car

By Civil Enforcement Officer (CEO) 7

Who had the reason to beleive that the following contravention had to occured and that a penalty chage is now payable.

(12 Parked in residents/shared use parking place/zone without clearly displaying a permit

Fine £70

what are my rights guys.

Edited by UK26

Ok, i too thought that i should have been given 5 minutes, but not sure if this applyes to Residents/Shared Parking Zone.

Irrelevant of the time observed, surely there is an exemption for loading/unloading into a resisidents property? How else would they receive deliveries etc?

Spoken to the Council, they have said, there is no such allowed times for deliveryes when parking in a Restricted Area "Residents/Shared Parking Zone"

Maybe the way around this then, is to park on the yellow lines just up the road lol, mad

Irrelevant of the time observed, surely there is an exemption for loading/unloading into a resisidents property? How else would they receive deliveries etc?

What action can the Council take if i refuse to pay if i make an appeal and they refuse it?

would this goto a Magistrates or County Court giving that its Civil?

Spoken to the Council, they have said, there is no such allowed times for deliveryes when parking in a Restricted Area "Residents/Shared Parking Zone"

So the residents can't have shoppping or furniture delivered! I wonder if they have bothered telling the residents!!

Odd ant it. do you guys think i have a good case for appeal?

I have looked at the signs and it says nothing about loading/unloading

Maybe the way around this then, is to park on the yellow lines just up the road lol, mad

What action can the Council take if i refuse to pay if i make an appeal and they refuse it?

would this goto a Magistrates or County Court giving that its Civil?

Ultimately, the penalty will increase to £105. A charge certificate will be issued allowing enforcement procedures to be taken and your car could be seized.

What you need is a copy of the traffic order and to satisfy yourself that there is not a loading/unloading exemption applicable.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.