style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5405 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:confused: I rented a commercial unit from a private landlord as an individual person as the landlord did not want to let to my LTD. company, this contract is now subject to a court hearing for which I await a date, in the meantime landlord has changed the locks on the unit advising of the fact on a notice on the premises and a contact no. if access was required, I requested access to complete the emptying of the unit he now refuses to allow access and claims that the goods within the unit are to be sold to offset moneys owing (rent under dispute) I have advised the landlord that the goods in the unit are the property of my LTD. company and my suppliers until paid for and not my personal property, I made the contract with a individual person he now answers all my request by a person that works for him in his LTD. company and I never agreed to have dealings with, I would like some advice as to whether his actions are legal

1 can he hold my LTD. company's goods to settle my personal dispute?

2 can my LTD. company report this action as theft to the police?

3 are his actions correct as we are awaiting a court hearing date?

4 is he breaking the data protection act by disclosing my details to a third party?

Any advice would be very much appreciated as allthough I have a LTD. comp. is only a husband and wife concern that has fallen on hard times due to the current credit crunch and our orders have dried up.

The right to levy distress, i.e. to take goods for rent owed, only exists so long as there is a landlord and tenant relationship. By changing the locks the landlord has forfeited the lease and brought the tenancy to an end*. He therefore has no right to sieze the goods, whoever they belong to.

*Subject to your right to apply to the court for relief from forfeiture.