no proof of purchase

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5405 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, have posted this question elsewhere but had no help so far, anyway I brought a pair of Trainers for my son 3 months ago and they have fallen apart. Took them back to the shop but because I do not have the receipt and due to the fact I payed in cash I do not have a Credit card Statement either, I do have the original box they came in but the shop wont entertain an exchange or refund. Is there anything I can do without any proof of purchase?

I am not making anyone "give me money for goods they dont know they sold" considering I was in the shop with 4 other people and brought another pair of shoes with the name of the shop on I thought I was not asking too much. Anyway I wanted advice not smart comments.

Listen I was asking if anybody had any GOOD advice other than what I had already tried, if I had not gone to the shop then your comment would have been noted but considering in my question I explained I had tried that already I was after a little more.I Dont mean to be rude but go help somebody else.

nighthawk no one on this site is trying to be unhelpful, unfortunatly as there is no easy way to trace the purchase you cannot prove the date of purchase.

if as you say the name of the shop is on the product then you can prove the product is from that shop, it may be that product was only sold between a certain time which may help in pin pointing it.

i appologise that you feel that the site has been unhelpful but unfortunatly in this case there is not much help that can be provided without proving the date of purchase

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Kids are so active these days wearing varies and a shop would also have to consider this, along with no receipt best bet is to just buy another pair and try not to bite nails down to the quick.

I would consider three months wear with my son a lovely but very active boy an improvement. :D

Thanks to the last 2 posters, at least I know there is not much I can do which is what I thought anyway. All I wanted was confirmation of this, as far as me being upset by certain peoples comments they have not had the courage to keep the original post on here and have tried to be clever and edit their replys. I welcome any advice from anybody but it is hard enough these days to get any shop to act in a fair manner to a customer so when you get a "I dont give a s**t attitude" from a shop where I spend quite a bit of my hard earned money you can possible see my frustration. I am big enough to say sorry if I have offended anyone but sometimes it's better to not offer any advice for the sake of a unhelpful post.

I said that you could not force money from someone if you have no proof and to try the manufacturer.

I see nothing 'smart' or 'unhelpful' with that. It's not my problem your at the wrong time of the month.

If you already knew these things then why bother asking.

• Haha 1

coniff calm down, and i would suggest you remove the time of the month post

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Let's get things sorted...............I am in fact a male of the species so "no time of the month" but that's the type of comment from somebody who has nothing in the way of advice to offer that I would expect. I suggest you go offer your SPECIAL :rolleyes: type of help to someone else(god help them). For the record I was never trying to force anyone to give me money just a bit of respect which if you had been in the shop would have seen I did not get, but considering you assumed I was a women and thought I premenstrual there you go. I have now all the advice I need so please go and hide back in your room and take your medication.