HSBC Basic Account closure

boxingliz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5406 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post just need advise.

I opened a basic account with hsbc because Natwest had made it impossible to use my account due to charges and taking my salary before i paid my bills.

I got a letter saturday say that i had insuffient funds in account to pay dd's which the largest one would have been 65 pounds and they had closed the account and 82 pounds of my money would be available to me at the counter thanks and goodbye. what on earth is wrong with these banks, i just didnt have time to tranfer money in from another account waiting for partner to get paid.

Can i do anything about this?

Hi boxingliz, welcome to the forum :)

I think most people are baling out from HSBC and opening 'Parachute' accounts elsewhere..because it's HSBC who are one of the worst offenders (IMHO).

If you want an account for your everyday Income & Expenditure - without going overdrawn then maybe this link will help you decide .

Parachute Account

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/13832-do-you-need-parachute.html

And , as PGH 7447 says , check if they've slapped charges on you,and think about reclaiming them ........

If you need further assistance don't hesitate to come back and ask - someone will answer - and we're use-friendly on here :D

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D