help required

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5402 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, My wife is currently in hospital. She has a diagnoised condtion which can be triggured by the stress of dealing with dc's ect.. My time is very limited at the moment as i am between the hospital, looking after the kids ect. is there someway to stop these debt people plus stop them contacting my wife ?

3 debt collection companies all appear to be the same fredrickson international. tried to ring one earlier wouldnt deal with me, wanted money paying imed, even just to discuss :mad:

time to get some sleep if i can, not had much recenty!!

Thankyou.

telephone harrassment letter.

or ofcourse what are these debts that they are chasing?

we need more info when you have time.

have you cca'ed them,

do they own the debt or are just chasing for the oc?

lastly STAY OFF THAT PHONE!!! never ring a DCA

they can do NOTHING TO YOU

they have NO LEGAL powers!!

good luck

chin up

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hi thanks, the companies are

Credit security limited - wescot credit services ltd - jd williams and company

bryan carter - cap1

Fredrickson internationa; - dont know what this one is for

Think i need to get my wife to sign a letter so they will deal with me; and then put in a cca followed by a forgot what is called subject access? costs £10.

I shall do everything in writing now and not bother ringing them.

Thanks

I dont want to ask my wife too much about these as it stresees her out. So will have to start at the beginning. I dont know if they own the debts and exactly what they are for appart from cap1.

I also need some advice regarding council tax, we have a court summons for the 15 july, i only found out about this recently. im not sure what to do, i could ring up and pay some but then i dont want to leave us with no money at this time. shall a make a token payment?

Hi,

I would get a letter of authority from your wife giving her permission for you to act on her behalf. Unfortunately, this requires signatures so I would use this little gem:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9902&d=1245343818

Sign on top of that, then let them try to "lift" it

Send one to each of the creditors.

Enclose this as well:

Harassment by telephone - Consumer Wiki

I would CCA them before going down the SAR route.

Beware of mr carter, he is sneaky

Go see your GP and see if he/she will do a letter confirming illness.

fox

• Haha 1

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi BK789, sorry to hear of your wifes troubles. Regarding the court summons for council tax if your are not challenging the amount owed I would suggest contacting the council to see if you need to attend, I owed council tax and on attending the court was told by council officials that you only get to see the judge if you are disputing the amount otherwise they just get case against you. My council would only discuss payment plans after they were awarded case. Even after case the council seemed OK to deal with then my employers were sent a warrant to take money from my wages without myself even being notified until later.I managed to challenge the way the council dealt with my case and am now paying a reduced amount monthly as well as the current years council tax.Do not leave this debt as the councils have a lot of powers and can quickly instuct baillifs .Sorry to give you this news but I feel it is better to discuse your problems with your council who are likely to be more helpful at this stage rather than ignore it and have baillifs at your doors.will post more info later .

sleepingdog

Council tax first - these boys can do more damage to you than most and you need to sort em out quickly - give em a ring, explain the situation and ask for the overdue payments to be spread across your normal payments - they are pretty much obliged to accept anything you offer them.

Then send out your CCA's with the £1 accompanying fee denying any acknowledgement of the debt...

There is some seriously good advice in here - but you dont sound like you have the time to do much reading up up on the best way to move this forward....

I am just a newbie in here and i have no doubt better advice than mine will be forthcoming quickly - good luck.