Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds


You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds



BankFodder BankFodder


BankFodder BankFodder

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • look up on land registry who owns the property then get in contact with your local environmental heath dept.   dx  
    • Hello all,   I have recently moved into a new property. The bedroom window is facing a bunch of commercial crates which have trash on top of them. The trash is maybe two metres away from the window, making it impossible for the window to be open (I am also afraid of rats being there).   The other windows of the property are facing a communal, enclosed area, which is making it difficult for the property to be properly ventilated. I have already raised this issue with my estate agency and they are trying do to something about it (to be honest, if I leave everything to them, this issue won't be solved until my tenancy is finished, and that is more than one year away).   I am asking for advice, or how could I approach this issue.   I have spoken to my council and, since they do not deal in private property, there is nothing they can do, at least this is what they have told me.   The property with the trash is not owned by my landlord. It is an open space, with big crates, closed off by a fence. If I could, I would climb those crates and remove the trash myself but I cannot. I also cannot climb out the window to reach the trash, as the window is too small.   At times, I see a car in that property but I have never seen the driver. I left a note in the car's window explaining the issue and giving my number. This was around a week ago and nobody came back to me.   
    • Hi   First off ALL Tenants need to re report all the different repairs again via their repairs procedure. Yes its good to get a list of all properties repairs with photo/video evidence signed by all property tenants but you all need to fight this individually as well as a group.   Next you all need to look up your rights on Repair i.e. The Right to Repair Scheme and also their Complaints Procedure.   http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1994/133/made   https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/repairs/right_to_repair_for_council_tenants   All Tenants need to take control back with these repair and ask in writing titling any letter 'FORMAL COMPLAINT' and stating the repair and why it hasn't been carried out to date and an exact date when it will be completed.   You also require clarification whether these Repairs come under the Right to Repair Scheme and if so why we were never informed of this. (delete or amend)   You also require copies of the following:   Right to Repair Scheme Policy (Not the Leaflet Repair and Maintenance Policy (Not the Leaflet) Solar Panel Policy (Not the Leaflet) Complaints Policy (Not the Leaflet) Equality & Diversity Policy (Not the Leaflet) When you get the above policies you need to take your time reading them and just think to yourself 'DID THEY DO THAT' in relation to your issue and if not mark it this way you build a list of what they haven't done/followed as per there own Policies and use it against them.   They will have time limits to complete repairs within for Emergency, Urgent, Routine repairs and if they exceed that time limit and need to extend it remember it is with you the tenants agreement not them telling you and tough you can wait.   (bear in mind any repairs during COVID-19 the time limits are now different and most routine repairs are stopped)  
    • I was on UC in late March, and recently received some quite non-committal message that the commitments would be returning, but no indication when.     If I remember correctly the expectation was that we could find at least one job per day to which to apply, or some such nonsense.   Given that the government can only guess how many workplaces will be safe :  1) to commute to/from at the time of job application; 2) to work in at the time of job application;    3) to commute to/from at the date of starting a job ; 4) to work in at the date of starting a job,  5) to commute to/from at the date permanent WFH is dropped; 6) to work in at the date permanent WFH is dropped,    and given that we have lost 20% of our economy, I fail to see how they can both reasonably and immediately mandate any minimum figure of jobs we must apply for whilst this virus just killed over 135 people in the UK (stats released today).  That is only down from 155 last week, and about 175 a fortnight back.   At this rate it will be another 7 weeks MINIMUM before the mortality rate is zero - if it ever reaches zero before the inevitable second wave.  
    • who has sent this 'letter of claim' come from and doe sit mention the pre action protocol and include a separate response pack? 
  • Our picks

    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.
      I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.
      I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.
      No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.
      The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.
      They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.
      They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.
      I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?
      Thanks for reading 
      • 12 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4024 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

Hello, My wife is currently in hospital. She has a diagnoised condtion which can be triggured by the stress of dealing with dc's ect.. My time is very limited at the moment as i am between the hospital, looking after the kids ect. is there someway to stop these debt people plus stop them contacting my wife ?


3 debt collection companies all appear to be the same fredrickson international. tried to ring one earlier wouldnt deal with me, wanted money paying imed, even just to discuss :mad:


time to get some sleep if i can, not had much recenty!!



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

telephone harrassment letter.

or ofcourse what are these debts that they are chasing?

we need more info when you have time.


have you cca'ed them,

do they own the debt or are just chasing for the oc?



lastly STAY OFF THAT PHONE!!! never ring a DCA


they can do NOTHING TO YOU


they have NO LEGAL powers!!


good luck


chin up



please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..


if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

hi thanks, the companies are


Credit security limited - wescot credit services ltd - jd williams and company


bryan carter - cap1


Fredrickson internationa; - dont know what this one is for


Think i need to get my wife to sign a letter so they will deal with me; and then put in a cca followed by a forgot what is called subject access? costs £10.


I shall do everything in writing now and not bother ringing them.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont want to ask my wife too much about these as it stresees her out. So will have to start at the beginning. I dont know if they own the debts and exactly what they are for appart from cap1.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I also need some advice regarding council tax, we have a court summons for the 15 july, i only found out about this recently. im not sure what to do, i could ring up and pay some but then i dont want to leave us with no money at this time. shall a make a token payment?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

and also do i need to get a medical letter of some sort to prove my wife is ill and unable to deal with debts? How do i make myself to defend her?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


I would get a letter of authority from your wife giving her permission for you to act on her behalf. Unfortunately, this requires signatures so I would use this little gem:




Sign on top of that, then let them try to "lift" it

Send one to each of the creditors.


Enclose this as well:


Harassment by telephone - Consumer Wiki


I would CCA them before going down the SAR route.


Beware of mr carter, he is sneaky


Go see your GP and see if he/she will do a letter confirming illness.



  • Haha 1

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi BK789, sorry to hear of your wifes troubles. Regarding the court summons for council tax if your are not challenging the amount owed I would suggest contacting the council to see if you need to attend, I owed council tax and on attending the court was told by council officials that you only get to see the judge if you are disputing the amount otherwise they just get case against you. My council would only discuss payment plans after they were awarded case. Even after case the council seemed OK to deal with then my employers were sent a warrant to take money from my wages without myself even being notified until later.I managed to challenge the way the council dealt with my case and am now paying a reduced amount monthly as well as the current years council tax.Do not leave this debt as the councils have a lot of powers and can quickly instuct baillifs .Sorry to give you this news but I feel it is better to discuse your problems with your council who are likely to be more helpful at this stage rather than ignore it and have baillifs at your doors.will post more info later .


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Council tax first - these boys can do more damage to you than most and you need to sort em out quickly - give em a ring, explain the situation and ask for the overdue payments to be spread across your normal payments - they are pretty much obliged to accept anything you offer them.


Then send out your CCA's with the £1 accompanying fee denying any acknowledgement of the debt...


There is some seriously good advice in here - but you dont sound like you have the time to do much reading up up on the best way to move this forward....


I am just a newbie in here and i have no doubt better advice than mine will be forthcoming quickly - good luck.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your help everyone, i shall send of a cca requests tomorrow and go from there. Have sorted the council tax out for now at least for a month anyway.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...