You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

monolithos

Same job, different pay

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4025 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

was after some advice on the above subject. I am in a job with a full shift pattern. On a regular basis I hand over the responsibility to the next person and there is only one of us on the work premises at any point in time. The roles we carry out are 100% identical and the levels of pre employment experience vary very little.

My issue is that not all of us are being paid the same amount. This has only come to my attention following a recent pay rise (to everyone) where over a coffee me and my colleagues were discussing salaries. I was surprised (:mad:) to find out that I am being paid less than them (and have been for the last few years).

So I raised it with my line manager who is 'trying' to increase my salary to that of my counterparts - and I believe he will achieve this. However, as this has been going on for a few years, the cumulative effect is that I have lost several thousand pounds worse - compared to my counterparts. So my question is whether or not I can claim back-payments for this period (+/- interest lost).

I have looked at the contract that was signed when I had started and my pay unfortunately corresponds to the figure quoted. However, when I signed this it was in ignorance of everyone else's salary. So if we assume that the jobs are 100% identical and so are the responsibilities and levels of employee experience would I be able to pursue this?

Many thanks.

There is no requirement for folk to be on the same pay for doing the same job I'm afriad.

Poppynurse :)

If my comments have been helpful please click my scales!!!!