You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Hi,  I'm new here, and hoping that this is the right place to post this.   I applied for pip and was awarded standard mobility (10 points).  I did an M.R. but got the same result. They acknowledge that I can't leave my house without having someone with me. They accept that I'm not completely housebound as I go out to appointments, which are not a regular occurrence, they also said that they can't award me enhanced because I'm not out most days.  Is this correct?  Surely it shouldn't matter how often I go out? 
    • The Legal Ombudsman has a wider remit than the SRA, and can always refer matters on to the SRA where they find a breach of the SRA's code.   I'd suggest writing to the solicitors, highlighting these issues, asking them to refund the money. If they don't then complain to the LO.
    • Good morning all,   I have an update for you all, shortly after my first hearing i was told i would need to have a rehearing with another company, Obviously i agreed but after the initial grievance hearing the person then asked me to enter into a private conversation, I have received the settlement offer and are disgusted as its not even half of my monthly  salary, I'm not sure what to do at this stage as i dont have the funds to finance a solicitor,so any advice would be appreciated.  
    • Sorry, but what does this mean?   Who are ARC? It would be helpful if you could be a little bit more clear about what happened. I don't understand why you are not simply proceeding against Amazon – because it is clearly their responsibility as it was their driver or courier company
    • I understand that you were involved in a contentious divorce in respect of which there was a bill for court costs – £850. You decided to challenge the costs in court and you lost and an order was made against you. We decided to appeal the order but before the appeal was heard, the solicitors made you a without prejudice offer of a 50-50 split – £425. You agree to this and you signed the document to that effect which you returned to the solicitors. Despite that the solicitors are now trying to impose the original £850 order. Is that the correct order of events? "Without prejudice" is certainly something that doesn't seem to be very well understood, including by solicitors. "Without prejudice" can protect an offer from being disclosed to the court where the offer has been refused so that it is not binding on anyone. However, without prejudice cannot be used to hide everything from the court – including wrongdoings, unethical behaviour et cetera. It seems to me that once you sign the agreement you effectively had a contract. I'd like to know a little bit more about the agreement that you signed but presumably it was intended to bring a halt to any further proceedings. I don't think there is any difficulty about disclosing a contract to the court in the circumstances. It is only the offer which was made without prejudice. Once the agreement was accepted and signed then the document acquired a wholly different character. It was no longer an offer open to be accepted or refused. It was a legally binding contract which imposed obligations upon both sides. In my view the solicitors have acted in a highly unethical way and I would begin by making a complaint to the SRA. I wonder whether the solicitors proposed the 50-50 split to you without consulting with their client and when they then contacted their client and told her what had been agreed, she refused to accept it and on that basis the solicitors recognised that they had made an error but rather than accept their responsibility and footing the £425 out of their own pockets, they preferred to get it from you. Of course this is just speculation but it seems to me to be quite a possible scenario. I'd like to see the agreement post up here please – that my sense is that you should complain to the SRA and you should tell the solicitors that this is what you're doing.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
Sloppzz

General Advice Needed

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4021 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I dont really know where to post this and im a bit embarassed to write about it all on a public forum however i really need some advice on what to do.

I am currently saddled with a fair bit of debt. Its not been too bad a situation however recently i have started to feel the pinch after work made us all take a pay cut to keep our jobs. It was only 5%, but 5% in their pocket is 5% less in mind, and has made a dent in my take home none the less.

I currently have the following:

Nationwide CC - Opened in 2004

Mint Credit Card - Opened in 2005

Tesco Credit Card - Opened in 2005

Egg Credit Card - Opened in 2005 (Egg have since cancelled my card but still take my monthly dd payment - something to do with a review of their accounts or something?)

Abbey Credit Card - Opened in 2007

Morgan Stanley (Now Barclaycard) - Opened in 2006

I also have 2 loans

Nationwide Loan - 1 year left to run

Abbey Loan - 5 and a half years left (8 year loan)

I reckon that my debt is probably somewhere in the region of about £40,000... and to be honest it is really starting to get me down.

I've just got into a new relationship with someone, and I had to go through the embarassment of admitting to them that i had this level of debt, and i really want to do something about it.

I also have a mortgage as well, well its a shared ownership scheme but to be fair thats a big con in itself. Im paying the best part of £900 a month for a £200,000 mortgage, with the greater part being the rent and service charge.

I know this is unrelated, but does anyone on here have any knowledge of how service charges work, as im paying nearly £50 a month more for my service charge than the smaller flats in the block... yet im not getting anything more for it - If anyone could also help on that i would appreciated it.

Back to my main problem... I really dont know where to go with my debts. All I know is I cannot carry on paying the monthly fees and letting them tick along, and I cant afford to clear the totals off. But I am now starting to feel the pressure on me and its almost becoming unbearable.

Any helpful advice would be great.

Thanks

well firstly are any of these debts with a dca?

2nd, everyone you list is fair game for reclaiming any charges.

3rd, got PPI on any of them? was it mis-sold?

as for the service charge, not ny ball game butthere is a residential/housing forum, i'd post there.

your main priority is the mortgage and any domestic bills, after that, the other get what you can afford,

typically, it would be a good idea to fire off a cca request for each debt, if some fail then it put you in a very strong position to off er a very low F&F to close them.

start a thread in each of the named forums you have a debt with, then do a bit of reading too.

good luck

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

well firstly are any of these debts with a dca?

2nd, everyone you list is fair game for reclaiming any charges.

3rd, got PPI on any of them? was it mis-sold?

as for the service charge, not ny ball game butthere is a residential/housing forum, i'd post there.

your main priority is the mortgage and any domestic bills, after that, the other get what you can afford,

typically, it would be a good idea to fire off a cca request for each debt, if some fail then it put you in a very strong position to off er a very low F&F to close them.

start a thread in each of the named forums you have a debt with, then do a bit of reading too.

good luck

dx

My mint card is currently with moorcroft but there is an agreement in place with them.

Barclaycard keep threating me with mercers, and I hate mercers as they called me once before when i missed a payment on my barclaycard (by mistake), but i was busy so i couldnt speak to them at the time... so when i put them to voicemail they just kept calling me non stop and then started texting saying "I should pick up my phone and stop hiding from my problems".

I dont really know where to post this and im a bit embarassed to write about it all on a public forum however i really need some advice on what to do.

I am currently saddled with a fair bit of debt. Its not been too bad a situation however recently i have started to feel the pinch after work made us all take a pay cut to keep our jobs. It was only 5%, but 5% in their pocket is 5% less in mind, and has made a dent in my take home none the less.

I currently have the following:

Nationwide CC - Opened in 2004

Mint Credit Card - Opened in 2005

Tesco Credit Card - Opened in 2005

Egg Credit Card - Opened in 2005 (Egg have since cancelled my card but still take my monthly dd payment - something to do with a review of their accounts or something?)

Abbey Credit Card - Opened in 2007

Morgan Stanley (Now Barclaycard) - Opened in 2006

I also have 2 loans

Nationwide Loan - 1 year left to run

Abbey Loan - 5 and a half years left (8 year loan)

I reckon that my debt is probably somewhere in the region of about £40,000... and to be honest it is really starting to get me down.

I've just got into a new relationship with someone, and I had to go through the embarassment of admitting to them that i had this level of debt, and i really want to do something about it.

I also have a mortgage as well, well its a shared ownership scheme but to be fair thats a big con in itself. Im paying the best part of £900 a month for a £200,000 mortgage, with the greater part being the rent and service charge.

I know this is unrelated, but does anyone on here have any knowledge of how service charges work, as im paying nearly £50 a month more for my service charge than the smaller flats in the block... yet im not getting anything more for it - If anyone could also help on that i would appreciated it.

Back to my main problem... I really dont know where to go with my debts. All I know is I cannot carry on paying the monthly fees and letting them tick along, and I cant afford to clear the totals off. But I am now starting to feel the pressure on me and its almost becoming unbearable.

Any helpful advice would be great.

Thanks

my advice is as follows:-

1. get a truecall if you can afford it (90 quid) or change your phone number

2/ send cca requests off for all your debts recorded delivery one pound postal orders as per the template letters on here)

3/ post up the responses less your personal info using a seperate thread for each one

proceed as advised from there and soon i predict you will get some very pleasant surprises

trust me the truecall or number change will be worth its weight in gold to you

Sorry if i sound stupid... but what is a CCA?

I've seen a few threads on here saying about these but i dont know what they are

CCA consumer credit agreement- the agreement that you (alleged) signed

are any of your debts so old that you have not made any payments on them for a long period?

CCA consumer credit agreement- the agreement that you (alleged) signed

are any of your debts so old that you have not made any payments on them for a long period?

Most of my credit cards are about 4+ years old apart from my abbey one.

All of them are on monthly direct debit payments

ok what i meant was have you not paid on any of them for a long time but i get your drift

the reason i asked is that if you have not made a payment or acknolwedged a debt for over 6 years it becomes statute barred and cannot be legally pursued

but i gather this is not the case so i would start the process outlined above

Most of my credit cards are about 4+ years old apart from my abbey one.

All of them are on monthly direct debit payments

If any of your CCs are with the same bank you have your current account with it would be prudent to open a 'parachute' account with a totally unrelated bank. The reason for this is because banks are allowed to offset between a/cs, which means you could well end up paying double charges and interest if they robbed from your current a/c to pay a CC. Even more so if it causes other DDs to bounce. :eek:

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

If any of your CCs are with the same bank you have your current account with it would be prudent to open a 'parachute' account with a totally unrelated bank. The reason for this is because banks are allowed to offset between a/cs, which means you could well end up paying double charges and interest if they robbed from your current a/c to pay a CC. Even more so if it causes other DDs to bounce. :eek:

I already have a bank account with another bank whom i dont have any credit with whatsoever.

I did this on the basis that i would end up possibly having to speak to CCCS to try and sort something out via them