HELP!! Vodfone problem - advice needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5407 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

OK I have read through a lot of the posts on here regarding Vodafone issuing defaults on peoples credit files, however I am still confused as to what to do.

I am going to try and explain my story as best as possible!!

I started a 18 month contract with Vodafone on 28th Feb 2007 and paid my first bill for line rental covering 28th Feb - 30 March, so supposing the 18 months would end with my last bill covering August 2008.

So at the beginning of August of 2008 I rang Vodafone to confirm my contract was ending at the end of August as I got a job with a business contract so no longer needed it, Vodafone customer services said yes it will be noted on my account and so be it.

Now to be honest I struggled in August to pay the final bill so couldnt pay it until September, however in September I received another bill for the line rental covering the month of september. Now stupidly I disregarded this bill thinking they'd made a mistake, then received a remider for the bill in October. At this point I rang up to ask what was going on, I was then told they needed a written letter confirming I wanted to cancel the contract in which I was never told in the first place.

So after many phone calls of me arguing the toss over not oweing Vodafone the bill for September (I did still owe the August bill at this point but wasnt prepared to pay it as i wanted to sort the whole situation out before I payed any money) I then received at the end of October a letter from the collections agency Intrium Justitia, which I rang immediatley to sort out 2 affordable payments to get them off my back, and agreed to sort the problem out with Vodafone. These two payments were made to Intrium Justita on the 25th November and 28th December. Which I informed Vodafone what I was doing.

On 2nd December vodafone issued a default on my account. Of which I didnt find out until April this year, I have made countless calls to them since then to sort it out, in which twice I have been told to request Experian/Equifax to contact Vodafone and they will confirm with them to remove it. Once been told they have requested Equifax to remove the default and to wait 14 days for it to be removed. Once been told the default is down to Intrium Justita who when I rang told me it was down to Vodafone and also had the phone cut off on me countless times!!

I have still paid Vodafone for the September bill in which I shouldnt have done, I'm not so bothered about the money, just the default!

I am going insane now as I desperately need to sort my finances out and already pay ridiculously high interest rates on credit taken out after I received the default.

Just hoping someone can help me as I don't know where to start again :(

Thanks

Sarah

Edited by SEZBEAR
missed something out

you keep using the phone & they'll keep monkeying you around.

WRITE to them , then you have a trail to nail them with.

as for paying a dca, you need your head testing! bet the balance was written of weeks before.

NEVER trust a DCA or anyone after your money on the phone!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...