You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

angmarie

angmarie v Cap1

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4023 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

OK, Thank you

I have also had lots of £12 charges from Capital One, do you just write and ask them to consider refunding charges, im really not sure why they would refund them. Whilst im in this frame of mind shall i ask them to refund the huge interest fee's as well.

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Thank you for your help, i have written and asked for last 18 months statements from them so i can work out how much interest and charges i have already paid. Hope i can claim some if not all back.

you can go back to when the account was opened or 6 years

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

How do u prove charges were over the top tho?

any charge listed is over the top

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Hi oh gosh, they have responded to my request for last 18 months statements and they have responded by sending out their in house solicitors letter asking me to contact them urgently. Im feeling quite strong at moment so am fired up to contact capital one first on Mon, as far as i am aware we have already agreed a very fair repayment plan so they have only called up solicitors on receipt of my letter requesting past statements. Im really prepared to hold out untill they listen to me properly we have 2 see what happens tho. Luckily due to this site im not to scared at the moment.

they must be in a panic then, there is no need to contact them, you made a lawful request they supplied the data, now look for any charges and add them up and add 8% interest and demand them back

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Why not send a CCA request - a lot of cap 1 agreements appear to be unenforceable.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

Hi, what is a CCA request please, i contacted them this morn (unbelievable) they said im not entitled to request my information they hold bout my account. I told her not to be silly and let me speak to some one who knows wat im talking about. She put me on hold while i had my breakfast, then said £3 per statement is required fee when i told her i know that fee is £10 for as many as i require she backed tracked and said they be in post. Hubby called about his but got no where they said he not entitled to see his information and they are persueing further action even tho he paying £50 a week. What's best way to deal with cap one now.

A cca request makes them send you the agreement that you signed, it costs £1 and should be sent recorded delivery and do not sign it, I will post up a template later

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

That would be very helpful, thank you for your response im getting all confused and muddled but hopefully can work it all out. They deffo not keen to send any info you request.

send this edited to suit

With reference to the above agreement, I would be grateful if you would send me a copy of this credit agreement.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79), I am entitled to receive a copy of my credit agreement on request. I enclose a payment of £1.00 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act.

I understand a copy of my credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with a request for a copy of the agreement under these sections of the Act.

I look forward to hearing from you

it costs £1 send it recorded and do not sign

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

As mentioned in the previous post, don't sign anything. You can use a digital signature if they ask for one.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/110578-digital-signature-guide.html

Some useful links.

FAQ's

Making Posts

Letter Template Library

Bank Contact Details

AQ Guide to Completion

Court Fees

Data Protection non Compliance

Witness Statements for Court Bundle

Banking Code Website

Limitations Act

Fast Track Costs

A-Z Index

Mis-Claim Tutorial

Step By Step Instructions

Remember: The Ark was built by amateurs-The Titanic by professionals.

Please click my scales if you find my advice helpful !

If your claim is successful, please donate 5% so that it can continue to help others.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

YOU CAN NOW COMPLAIN TO THE OFT ABOUT THEIR CONDUCT UNDER THE CONSUMER PROTECTION FROM UNFAIR TRADING REGULATIONS 2008.

I will send letter tomorrow but they not keen on sending me anything without I/E form do i have to go down this route in order to get info i require please. I am in dispute with cap one and mbna at moment i am still making payments but interest and charges have put my account over limit. They seem to like playing game on their terms but are they following correct procedure.

No a cca is a lawful request that they HAVE to acknowledge, if within 12+2 days they have not responded then the account goes into dispute and they can rant has much as they like, until they submit the agreement they are stuffed

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Hi, Thanks for all your help PGH i have written requesting CCA today enclosed cheque for £1.00 and hope for the best. With my luck they prob produce original signed document but im fairly confident that they wont.

keep us posted

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Hi, received all statements today even though they said only 12 months so thats good. Have not had CCA from them yet. I have not added it all up yet but at a glance is going to be few hundred pounds. Can you give me some guidance do i just add charges and interest for each month and then write again to say it was charges that pushed my account over the limit. Sorry to be a pain but now i have them im unsure how to approach them about charges/interest.

there is a spreadsheet in the library that does it for you

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

In the library ermmm sorry im fairly new user where can i find library on this site.

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

keep us posted

Hi PGH, it is 14 days tomorrow and have not heard peep from capone.

How long shall I leave it before I send follow up letter. I messed my request for payment up as I included monthly interest charges as well as penalties. Not that they have acknowledged request anyway. By the way im still paying them shall I continue with payments.

Ang

if nothing comes in tomorrows post send the account in dispute letter and cancel the payments

http://www.consumerwiki.co.uk/index.php/DCA:_Non-Compliance_of_CCA_Request

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Hi PGH

Once again Ty for your time, I really hope that in time I can give something back to this site. I will work from template letter and send off in next couple of days. Hope everything is good with you :)

Ang