You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

piginabush

Being Forced to Stay in a Secondment @ Work

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4016 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all, I have just found this site and it seems the advice given is pretty sound so I just thought I would share my current problem with you.....

In November 2008 I applied for, and was succesful in, an application to move departments within my company which was an effective promotion as it is a higher pay scale.

I was asked to remain in my current role until 1st Feb 09 to help out over the busy christmas and new year, which I agreed to and this was confirmed by HR.

1st Feb came and went, along with about another 6-7 "secondees" who were brought back to the department to help out, we were told that there would be no end date in one of the very few "meetings" we had. Now, all of the other secondees have just returned to their departments except three of us, one who works nights so isnt affected, one who is off sick with stress (and obviously is affected), and me!!

I have voiced my concerns several times, both to the lady who is supposed to be my new manager and to my old one too..... yet no action seems to be being taken to move me to my new role, and now a full 6 months after my new job was confirmed I am still in my old one.

I am being paid at the higher rate (since 1st Feb 09), however I feel my personal development is being stopped as I am doing a job I dont want to do...... its the reason I applied to leave the role in the first place!!

I have checked our company policy and it clearly states rules on being seconded which include being given a letter confirming and also giving the length of time the secondment is supposed to last. None of us received any official notification. There is also mention of secondees being "rewarded" as a thanks for helping out but as far as I am aware none of the others received anything as their secondment wasnt official.

Where do I stand on this matter?? Do I have to just put up with being stuck in my old role indefinately or is there something in employment law to help me out??

Many Thanks