Bailiff action

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if anyone can help me? I paid a parking ticket fine that had been taken over by Philips in Doncaster. I was late paying it but I did not hear anything from them for weeks. Then all of a sudden we received a bailiff letter stating that we owe £460.00. I rang them up straight away and explained that I had paid the fine. They looked into it, agreed that I had paid the fine but that the £460.00 was for a bailiff visit-one just before i had paid the fine and the one that morning. I told them that we had only had the one visit-the one on the the morning but nothing had been received about an earlier visit-no telephone call, no calling card nothing. I, therefore, made the point that I couldn't be expected to pay for either of the visits-as i had paid the bill. I spoke to 2 people who agreed, said that they would refer it for the balance to be zeroed if i e mailed them which I duly did. Since then I have spoken to them again and they said i had to put it all in writing again, which I did. I now have received a letter back saying that the charges will not be removed. I rang and asked what I could do next as i disagreed and was just told to get a solicitor!

Sorry for this to be a long one-but can anyone advise me what to do next???

Thanks in advance.

Jackie:mad:

Hi. If a baillif comes round to your house do not let them in. You do not have to give them entry to your home if they have not been in there before. If you suspect they might call at any time, make sure you lock the windows and doors and hide your car.

I am not an expert in these things, but I know one or two bits. Tomtubby is the expert with baillifs.

I know for a fact, that those charges are wrong.

Go on the baillif forum and do some reading.

And you must put everything in writing to them, dont talk to them on the phone, they will just bully you more, because thats what this sounds like to me.

You say that you paid late. How much did you pay and how late was this?

Which local authority does this relate to?

You need to WRITE IMMEDIATELY to Philips to state that you wish to make a formal complaints about their handling of this account and that you require a copy of the SCREEN SHOT of your account as proof that a bailiff has visited and that you require the names of any bailiffs that have alledged that they have visited as you will be considering a Form 4 Complaint against them on the basis of excessive charging of fees.

In addition as the amount required does NOT include the cost of the PCN then it is CLEAR that the bailiff fees CANNOT in any way be correct.

Sorry to hear about your problems.

Here are some contact details, i would reccomend you exaust all the complaint avenues:

Philips Collection Services Ltd

PO Box 152

Darlington

DL3 9WT

Phone: 01325 387 400

Fax: 01325 383 887

Email: [email protected]

Link: www.philips.org.uk

Office of Fair Trading contact details:

Philips Collection Services Limited - Licence Number 0491286

[email protected]

You could also make your local MP aware of your situation:

www.theyworkforyou.com

Hope you get things sorted, keep us informed.

The retailers worst nightmare !