You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Is that your name on the Lloyd's Pharmacy label? If it is, I suggest you use a program like Paint to obscure it.   You should be able to upload a file with multiple pdf files if you read our guide - click on the word upload.   HB
    • Ok so the charging order or restriction remains in force, no time limit.   I'm back now to finding a CS who understands that the restriction merely requires them to notify the council AFTER the house has been sold [as per post no. 17] and can explain that to the buyer's solicitor so the buyers are reassured and proceed with the sale. I can then pursue the case with the council when they receive notification of the sale as no doubt that will fire up the case again after being dormant for so long.   If anyone can recommend a CS they've used before in similar circumstances or one they know has experience of this I'd be grateful. Thanks
    • Well it seems slamdunk to me. Not only that but they refer specifically to the original order and that they ask you to sign and "amended order". The only other explanation is maybe they have received it from you. Could that be a possibility? I think I would initially drop them an informal line – by email and by letter saying that despite the amended order which you agree to on XXX date, you now see that the money which has been paid out you has had the full £850 deducted. With a please explain why this has happened and why the terms of the amended order you understood had been agreed had not been. Suggest that you send that after them immediately and will see what comes back. Maybe it is simply some misunderstanding and there is no point jumping the gun and started to issue threats if there is some innocent explanation. It certainly sounds a bit strange  
    • Hi i have attachd photos and the letter also there are 18 questions   1.Do you uderstand the caution? "you do not have to say(or write), anything, but it may harm your defence if you do not mention, when questioned, something which you later rely on in court, anyrthing you do say may be given in evidence.   2. please sate your full name and address   what is your occupation and how long have you held this position.   what is the name of your employer the company you own?   3. please give your full account of how waste that contained correspondence addressed to you was found to be fly tipped material depositiied it then shows a map.   4. did you produce the controlled waste, shown in KM2 - KM6 below, deposited on the named road.   KM2 I have never seen before in my life KM3 is not a clear picture i cannot say i recognise or dont recognise these objects.   5. if not, do you no who produced the waste shown in photographs KM2 - KM6 depositied ---- if so please state there name and address.     6. did you deposit the waste, shown in photographs.   7. if the awnser is yes to question 6, please state why and the date you depositied the waste.   8.if the awnser was yes to question 6, did you ask permission to deposit the waste there? if so please give details of person or company.   9. if you did not depsoit the waste shown in photographs KM2 - KM6, depositied (name of road) do you know who did? please state name, address.   10. have you organised or paid to have any waste removed?   11. if the awnser to question 10 is yes, do you recognise any of this waste in photographs KM2 - KM6 pkease state photograph numbers.   12. if you asked or employed a third party to remove or organise and manage removal of waste, please state details name address etc. as well as a written agreement.   13. if you trannsgerred waste to a third party please state on what date, how i found the individuals and when i contacted them.   14. if you did employ or ask someone to remove the waste produced by you, did you check to see if they were a licensed waste carrier with the enviroment agency.   15. if you transferred waste to a third party describe the vechile used to transport the waste away.   16 uf you transferred waste to a third party please describe the persons involved.   17. did you do everything you now believe to be reasonable actions in the circumstances to make sure that any waste produced by you was transferred to a authorised person or registered waste carrier? please list actions taken, what else could you have done to check?   18. is there anything else you wish to add.     I have trid to upload files direct to this website but it said error 200   https://docdro.id/gnI3oBJ   https://docdro.id/BsMEPgn   https://docdro.id/i70Eu9U   https://docdro.id/gOhhUVe   Sorry i pressed something my keyboard and it sent
    • Thank you for that. I can't see any photos though, maybe you're working on that.   HB
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4023 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi all, first post but used this site a lot in the past

me and my girlfriend got burgled a couple of weeks ago whilst we were both at work, we had jewellery took, laptops, and a games console, the insurance people swinton referred us to another company (i think it was NIG) and they are sending a representative from UK Assistance around in the morning, why does this person need to come?

i was advised we need receipts or manuals or boxes or photo's, problem is that we have recently moved and i didn't think of keeping this stuff, no point carrying empty boxes to a new house, we have a few photo's of the missing jewellery because my girlfriend was wearing it at the time, it had never really occured to me to photograph any valuables at all

we thought the insurance would pay up and that's that but this obviously isn't the case

could someone get back to me before 9pm (in work at the mo and finish at 9pm, obviously i have no computer at home now to get online)

thanks in advance

ricky

Hopefully you'll get this message in time. Swinton is the broker, NIG (part of Royal Bank of Scotland) is the underwriter of the policy. After doing a google search, it seems that UK Assistance is yet another part of Royal Bank of Scotland - they are internal loss adjusters who will validate and collect the evidence of the claim.

As long as you have receipts or photos, it shouldn't matter that you don't still have the boxes. Even instruction manuals could help if you still have those. I think the way your claim is being handled is very much the norm nowadays.

Its just like LemonTwist advises, insurance companies appoint a loss adjuster if the claim is above £XXX (varies between insurers).

The loss adjuster will then investigate the claim to ensure the claim is valid and all the items being claimed against you did actually have. You will be surprised the amount of people who will try to claim for items they don't have, 50" HD TV's being in favour at the momment.

As you advise not everyone keeps boxes, receipts, manuals etc, in which instance I would point you to your bank statements for any items purchased by credit/debit card for proof of purchase.

Edited by shudder
typo