You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

ambuj

deposit is held by letting agency

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4020 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Dear all

I really need help to find out will i get my deposit back or not.

I was living in a flat on sharing basis with other four ppl we deposit £1400 for deposit. At the end of contract one of our house mate gone to him to ask if we can stay 15 day more he said OK but you need to pay 15days rent but he left without confirming him that we will stay or not, on same day i went to him and told him we r moving out on 1st of may he said our contract is finished on 25th of April i told him we moved in the house on 1st and the guy who were dealing with us asked to sign the contract to held the house and we can move in on when ever we want, the he goes that one of ur house mate want to stay in the house for 15days i told him no he will not ,want we moved out on 1st of march and we did, after we moved out he said that we need to pay half of the month rent because one of our frd want to stay in the house and we confirm this with the landlord, i told him how can you do that when i was here on the same day to tell you that we are moving out, he said any how your contract is finished on 25th,AND we are still asking you for 15days rent otherwise we shout take full month rent i told him why did not you inform us about this we could stay in the house for another 15days and he give no answer however i told him to take money from our deposit and give us rest he said ok i need to check the bills you had paid and we need to pay full and final bill of electic which we agreed i took the bill of £200 to him and asked him to give our deposit back he said the landlord will gonna come to the house to final check then we will give you your money but again he just called me their and told me to come next week till today ,i went to him today and he said landlord is saying electic bill is not paid and he will take final decision to give you money back or not i asked him how much money will i get back he make a list which said

RENT --- 700

BILL ---200

AGENCY FEES---400

DAMAGE IN THE HOUSE --- 150.

TOTAL---1450.

MEANS I WILL GET BACK NOTHING. WHICH HE IS TELLING ME AFTER 2 MONTH.

HE NEVER CONFIRM ME THAT MY MONEY IS DEPOSIT IN ANY Tenancy Deposit Scheme.

WHAT SHOULD I DO, SHOULD I LEAVE IT OR GO TO COURT

Okay, so is your deposit protected?

LL and LA do not decide anymore whether or not you get your deposit back, they might put in an application to the DPS but that doesnt mean they will get it.

If you dont know who your deposit is protected by, phone the

DPS 0870 707 1 707

TDSL 0871 703 0552

TDS 0845 226 7837.

and find out if any of them hold your deposit. If they do explain the situation and ask their advice. If they dont then come back and we'll advise you from there.

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

i called the numbers but they said they dont have any money deposited for that address.

When did you take out the tenancy?

FAQ SECTION HERE

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

1st of April09

When did it start?

FAQ SECTION HERE

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

25th sep08

Well then if I was you I would start the court process. When I did it I used Moneyclaimonline.

FAQ SECTION HERE

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09