Vodafone messed by direct debit payment up

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5406 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently used Vodafone's online service to change my direct debit from one account to another. Simple task obviously.

I recieved the confirmation email telling me that the direct debit details were going to be changed and thought nothing more of it.

I had over the last few bills incurred charges on my account (HSBC) for going slightly overdrawn, my monthly money is going into a different account and i sometimes didnt make it to the bank in time to deposit my funds - this being my own personal error i understand but i'm purely illustrating why i changed my direct debit details. I was due to go on holiday shortly afterwards so wanted to get the details changed because i obviously wouldnt be around in person to sort any financial issues out.

When i arrived back from holiday and having checked my accounts i realised that Vodafone had used my old account details even though i had received the automated conformation. This had ended up with me being chaged an admin fee of 25£ for exceeding my overdraft once more and it really wound me up.

I have since complained to vodafone about the online system not working and asked them for financial compensation due to the failings of one of their systems. I was told they would respond within 5 working days. It has been over 2 weeks now. I have sent the original email again with a further note on my disappointment of them not responding after i had complained.

Does anyone have any ideas on exactly where i stand with this matter? Do you think that i am entitled to some form of compensation and if they refuse would i be in any position to leave the company for someone else?

Thanks

Andy

I would love to say you have a legal standing to get at them but unfortunately No.

They will most likely tell you to consult your bank about getting the charge refunded.

And in your T&Cs they state to their benefit that they are not liable for any costs to yourself if payment(and also death caused by their equipment).

My recommendation to yourself would be Pester-power, they may eventually give in and credit the bank charge to your account.

Cheers thanks for your reply!!

I thought as much. The only thing i have in my corner is that is was their systems failing that led to the bank charge but we'll see i guess. Didnt really think they'd be much of a legal standing as such but you've got to ask these things in case someone has some gold dust. I will just keep on emailing them.

One reply from them would be nice though :lol:.