You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

andyp10

Vodafone messed by direct debit payment up

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4025 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I recently used Vodafone's online service to change my direct debit from one account to another. Simple task obviously.

I recieved the confirmation email telling me that the direct debit details were going to be changed and thought nothing more of it.

I had over the last few bills incurred charges on my account (HSBC) for going slightly overdrawn, my monthly money is going into a different account and i sometimes didnt make it to the bank in time to deposit my funds - this being my own personal error i understand but i'm purely illustrating why i changed my direct debit details. I was due to go on holiday shortly afterwards so wanted to get the details changed because i obviously wouldnt be around in person to sort any financial issues out.

When i arrived back from holiday and having checked my accounts i realised that Vodafone had used my old account details even though i had received the automated conformation. This had ended up with me being chaged an admin fee of 25£ for exceeding my overdraft once more and it really wound me up.

I have since complained to vodafone about the online system not working and asked them for financial compensation due to the failings of one of their systems. I was told they would respond within 5 working days. It has been over 2 weeks now. I have sent the original email again with a further note on my disappointment of them not responding after i had complained.

Does anyone have any ideas on exactly where i stand with this matter? Do you think that i am entitled to some form of compensation and if they refuse would i be in any position to leave the company for someone else?

Thanks

Andy

I would love to say you have a legal standing to get at them but unfortunately No.

They will most likely tell you to consult your bank about getting the charge refunded.

And in your T&Cs they state to their benefit that they are not liable for any costs to yourself if payment(and also death caused by their equipment).

My recommendation to yourself would be Pester-power, they may eventually give in and credit the bank charge to your account.

Cheers thanks for your reply!!

I thought as much. The only thing i have in my corner is that is was their systems failing that led to the bank charge but we'll see i guess. Didnt really think they'd be much of a legal standing as such but you've got to ask these things in case someone has some gold dust. I will just keep on emailing them.

One reply from them would be nice though :lol:.