Exploited/Discriminated - What to do?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5399 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You may wish to justify it to yourself like that, but it is snooping and may even potentially move into criminal activity within the realms of the Computer Misuse Act.

Well thats all good and well, but no computers are involved... I have a bunch of files in front of my nose, which I can open and look at any time without anyone even batting an eyelid..

So, as the sooper dooper invaluable employee that you are who is single handedly keeping your company afloat, are you saying you have nothing better to do?

Yep.. got any suggestions?

My suggestion I'm afraid isn't the one you want to hear.

I would suggest that you stop wasting your boss's money. Being productive for some of the time and twiddling your thumbs for the rest of the time does not make you a good asset to his business.

Perhaps he is measuring your value on more subjective issues unconnected to productivity or experience, such as integrity, honesty, loyalty. Maybe he has you sized up just right and pays you accordingly;)

From what you have said here, I think you dispaly some unfortunate character deficiencies.

You have obviously only ever dealt with soft and stupid people and dont really have any experience with aggression on this level.

:eek:

No. I deal with ordinary everyday people;)

I think with the kind of allegations you are making you should contact the police.....or James Bond (007.....licensed to kill)

Edited by kurvaface

No. I deal with ordinary everyday people;)

Lucky you...

I think with the kind of allegations you are making you should contact the police.....or James Bond (007.....licensed to kill)

Yeah, thought about it, but 3 problems: 1) No access to evidence 2) Very powerful lawyers 3) Potential for greater repercussions to me and/or my family.

I have unapproved the last 4 posts, could we please refrain from personal insults.

Posting in this manner, will not solve anything.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Racist or not, it does seem you were being taken advantage of because of your situation. Now that circumstances have changed, look for another job and confronting your employers never ends up well unless you're ready to leave your job if the worst happens.

Racist or not, it does seem you were being taken advantage of because of your situation. Now that circumstances have changed, look for another job and confronting your employers never ends up well unless you're ready to leave your job if the worst happens.

Yeah, thanks for the advice.. this is a route I am currently looking at, but will have to see how it goes, the job market is kinda crap at the moment.

azera ....cover your back...evidence my dear friend is the key....

i think kurvaface has a problem with people who use works computers and time.....petty if you ask me as managers in the uk are probably the laziest and most unproductive in Europe but want massive salaries.

I would be as disgusted as the next person about discrimination, however, this poster appears to be trying to create a case for racial / religous descrimination where there appears to be none.

My points are purely about hi-lighting where there are totally reasonable grounds for not paying him a top wage.

at the time I was unaware what sort of people I was working for

If the CD cant drum up any trade during the off season... that is solely his problem and responsibility.

the man in question is a greedy exploitative b*****d who ripped off his previous business to the tune of $20

LOL... we're off season at the moment.. nothing to do :-)

Regarding snooping.. well, its not so much snooping as their carelessness

Like I said, loyalty, integrity etc are traits to be valued in a company and amongst other things they help pull a good wage. And, Geoff, being the least lazy person in a company is a ridiculous justification for dishonesty.

Edited by kurvaface
mistake!

Is it me or is Azer only here during working hours?

The person starting this thread is here for help, not personal abuse. Please refrain from making snide personal attacks to users of the forum. I suggest you read the site rules before posting again. The site rules can be found here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

and this section:

A topic/post will be edited or deleted if it contains:

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

azera ....cover your back...evidence my dear friend is the key....

i think kurvaface has a problem with people who use works computers and time.....petty if you ask me as managers in the uk are probably the laziest and most unproductive in Europe but want massive salaries.

Thanks Geoff, I will definitely try to do that.

Yes, Kurvaface clearly does have some issues.

Is it me or is Azer only here during working hours?

Urban Dictionary: trolling

I would be as disgusted as the next person about discrimination, however, this poster appears to be trying to create a case for racial / religous descrimination where there appears to be none.

Not trying to create anything, thats why I came on here and asked for opinions and advice. Assumptions are the mother of... I'm sure you know how the rest goes.

My points are purely about hi-lighting where there are totally reasonable grounds for not paying him a top wage.

Like I said, loyalty, integrity etc are traits to be valued in a company and amongst other things they help pull a good wage. And, Geoff, being the least lazy person in a company is a ridiculous justification for dishonesty.

Totally reasonable??? They have no idea about what I know and what I dont, as far as they are concerned I am their most productive employee and the least costly. Once again, you are working of pure assumption.

Besides, even if they did know, judging by your comments you would pay a completely incompetent and useless employee more just for loyalty/integrity.. LOL... ridiculous.. any actually good staff would leave and your business would go down the crapper.

Azer

I apologise if I have been personal and antagonistic - like you I am relatively new to this forum and still establishing what I can and can't say;). I am not a Troll - I'm too Ugly - I am just trying to understand.

I understand you are being underpaid in comparison to colleagues and you need to establish a plan of action to deal with it. This is unfair and has to rectified.

Your thread title has the word "discriminated" in it. You have said there has been no obvious discrimination against you. You have though made quite big allegations against the company you work for. On the one hand you say you are their star employee, on the other you have shown that you can just as easily sit back.

I don't think these are gounds for a tribunal and like a previous poster has also said, if there is not a structured agreed pay system in place then you have to just take it on the chin as it does sound a bit like sour grapes.

Besides, even if they did know, judging by your comments you would pay a completely incompetent and useless employee more just for loyalty/integrity.. LOL... ridiculous.. any actually good staff would leave and your business would go down the crapper.

What I said was:

amongst other things they help pull a good wage.
Edited by kurvaface
more

Azer

I apologise if I have been personal and antagonistic - like you I am relatively new to this forum and still establishing what I can and can't say;). I am not a Troll - I'm too Ugly - I am just trying to understand.

I understand you are being underpaid in comparison to colleagues and you need to establish a plan of action to deal with it. This is unfair and has to rectified.

Your thread title has the word "discriminated" in it. You have said there has been no obvious discrimination against you. You have though made quite big allegations against the company you work for. On the one hand you say you are their star employee, on the other you have shown that you can just as easily sit back.

I don't think these are gounds for a tribunal and like a previous poster has also said, if there is not a structured agreed pay system in place then you have to just take it on the chin as it does sound a bit like sour grapes.

Hi Kurvaface and Azer,

The Race Relations Act of 1976 and all other ammendments does not take into account whether discrimination happenned knowingly or unknowingly on the part of the employer - i,e; it is an offence in itself that discrimination did happen.

Regarding the situations Azer has brought to light, if the employer is in fact not very straight forward, raising a grievance might be of no help - At the end of the day tribunal action will not provide patch up hurt feelings.

Cheers,

G.

Cheers,

G.