Blair Oliver and Scott....HELP!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5407 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

I've been reading a few threads on Blair Oliver and Scott.

In short, I got made redundant, lost all assets and moved to rented accommodation in 2008.

I've had a text today asking me to call Blair Oliver and Scott. They haven't written as they don't know where I am (good thing or bad thing? I don't know)

I know I had a Halifax Credit card and it looks as if this lot are chasing me for this as I believe they are part of Halifax (is this right?)

I know I should ring them but I'm actually quite scared. TBH I owe money to a fair few people (stopped payments to everyone just to save for deposit to rent etc and only pay them all £1 now each month)

I can't cope with the stress of more DCA's after me at the moment. My plan was to deal with the ones who have found me now and others as and when they cropped up but they all are cropping up in quick succession.

I don't want to go bankrupt (may have to if Northern Rock start chasing me for my mortgage shortfall though but heard nothing since Dec 08)

I'm not good at speaking on the phone to these people, they aren't interested in situations/reasons. Any advice?

Thanks

Lou

Hi,

I'd tend to ignore, until they contact you in writing. Your right Blair Oliver & Scott are HBOS 'in-house' collection team.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Yes, there is no need to panic, there are ways and means of slowing the vultures down, and you are way off being made bankrupt just yet.;)

Here are some links to some very useful letter templates,

Letter to send when a DCA threatens a doorstep visit

Telephone harassment letter

You choose how you want to communicate with them, they don't. I also dislike using the phone, and much prefer all communication to be in writing, that way then you have a paper trail of evidence.

So you are strongly advised to only communicate with them in writing. if they do ring then you only have to repeat 'everything in writing' don't answer any of their so called 'security questions' or just don't answer the phone!

You will also be able to get other help on here, from others who are in the same boat, I notice that you are paying some DCA's already, what are these debts for? Credit cards, HP, utility bills?

Clearly the most serious one will be your mortgage, so that would be top of my list, in importance of debts to pay off.

I would work out the exact amount you owe, then how much you could 'comfortably' pay each one, and work out pro rata offers for each debt, I have a formula which was sent to me by the National Debtline – Free, Confidential Debt Advice – Call 0808 808 4000

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!