Sky talk nightmare

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5189 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't know if anyone can help but I'm at my absolute whit’s end with Sky (hence the name).

Just before moving house in March I signed up for Sky + and Sky talk (including line rental) and broadband for my new house. Sky TV was installed the day after I moved in (29 March) but I’m still waiting for a phone line to be sorted.

The problems began on 14 April when my phone line was due to be installed. I phoned to find out why nothing had happened and was informed that there had been a problem with my account. Ever since then, despite phone every week still nothing has been sorted. I’ve been passed around to numerous different departments, spent literally hours on the phone and promised call backs that have never happened.

Finally last Friday (3 July), after being cut off following 40 minutes on the phone and then calling back and spending another hour on the phone, I eventually spoke to Jack Davis in Sky Talk Provisioning, who assured me that the problems with my account had now been sorted. He then put me through to Suzanne Bell (not sure of the name of the department but their number is 0844 8222 017) to process my order. She then promised to call me back on the Sunday (5 July), which she did, only to inform me that the same problem had happened all over again.

She couldn’t tell me when this problem would be dealt with and could only suggest that I might want to look for a different supplier. I have since spoken to BT who have told me to reconnect the BT line would cost me £120.

All I want is to get Sky to deliver the Sky Talk, line rental and broadband as they were originally contracted to do, but I have no idea how to get them to do this.

Can anyone help or point me in the direction of some one who can?

Hiya,

Welcome to cag, you need to write to sky and make a detailed complaint to them,

within the complaint you need to put down waht you want as resolution to it as well,

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

due to sensitive info have pm'd you with outlines

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Hi sky hell. I have had exactly the same problems as you. Some bird called Lara has been trying to resolve my issues but my latest issue is that after cancelling Sky broadband because it took them so long to connect it they wont remove the tag on my line so I cant even go to another provider.

I have today emailed Jeremy Darroch, Ofcom and trading standards.

I am at my wits end.

Every time I ring Sky I'm told I need to speak to someone else. Today I spoke to aroud 5 people and was on the phone for over 50 mins.

Funnily enough I also had Sky installed in April!

I got a reply from William Gariano at Sky on Wednesday which said:

"Thank you for your email which has been passed to me from Mr Darroch. He has asked that I deal with your account personally.

I am sorry there have been so many problems booking your new phone line. This has been caused by an address issue which has caused your order to be stuck in the system. I have sent this to our IT team and I should have that back from them in a few days I would then be bale to re book your phone line installation and book your broadband once this was installed.

If possible I would like to manage your account until everything has been resolved.

I look forward to being able to confirm your installation date and hopefully being able to resolve the problems with your account."

But since then I've had no news, so I'm still not holding my breath.

It's tricky getting time to go online when you don't have broadband at home, so sorry if my posts are a bit sporadic!:)

No probs,

i would give seven days from when you got that email and if not got anythign else, ask him for an update,

Ida x

To be fair I did reply to William's email and I have had a response back today just saying "I look forward to speaking to you soon with regards to your installation date." So the communication channels appear to be open.

I just won't believe it's all sorted out until it actually happens.

Thanks for all your help Ida.

no probs, just with your issue can take a few days to sort and he won't know immediatley whats wrong and why it's happening so should be a few days before confirmation

ida x

Had a response from William Gariano yesterday saying:

"Just a short email to confirm I have been able to re book your phone line installation this morning and I am hoping to have the dates for you later this week. Once I have dates from BT open reach I will call you to ensure that these dates are suitable."

So things seem to be moving in the right direction. I'll keep you posted.

Had a response from William Gariano yesterday saying:

"Just a short email to confirm I have been able to re book your phone line installation this morning and I am hoping to have the dates for you later this week. Once I have dates from BT open reach I will call you to ensure that these dates are suitable."

So things seem to be moving in the right direction. I'll keep you posted.

This is pretty much the patter I had from 'Lara' about my phonhe line bveing installed. I still didnt get installed until June though. :lol:

Absolute joke. Ofcom are now looking into mine anyway :cool:

Hi,

I also have this problem - but I have gone as far as Customer Complaints department whom also don't keep their promises!! I feel like they have spat in my face. This is my story....

My Mum, who is 70, moved into a new house on the last week of May. I decided that as a long time Sky TV customer with no problems (apart from one or two box swaps - I do a lot of PVR'ing thou ;)) that it was time for my Mum to start the new tech IE not VCR. I also thought Sky had a good all round deal inc. talk and broadband.

I ordered Sky package before she moved in. The next day after moving in the Sky TV installer came and installed the TV service - he was very polite and helpful and did a good professional job.

The phone line had been booked for 14,15,16th June. However, being whom I am and having worked in the callcenter industry for a big name ISP, I decided on June 2nd to check this was still all okay!

I was told that there was a technical problem with the account - after pushing further they explained that the account has to jump through a few systems to get to BT OpenReach and for some reason that had failed on the account. They said they would raise a ticket with their IT department. I thought okay fine, things happen.

I rang 1 week later after no update. I was told nothing had been heard from their IT department it could take up to 30 days. I responded as saying this was unacceptable and ridiculous. I work in the IT trade I have also worked in the callcenter ISP industry. I simply responded as saying that this needs to be sorted and I wanted to speak to a supervisor.

I was given a phone call back, to cut another phone call description short, I was told there was 'no way to contact their IT department they raise tickets and have to wait'. Well that is just nonsense and red tape talking! Anyway....

I kept calling every two days - to keep the call log they having going (costing me a fortune and time!). After 4 weeks I started to get very upset. 30 days for a SLA basically says there are bigger problems with that division either money or bad management. I rang up again and made my views very clear in a calm manner - but customer services insisted there was nothing they could do.

On 31 May I wrote a letter of complaint - explaining the above. My mum was paying a fortune on a mobile phone due to Sky’s lack of interest in their new customers!

Too my surprise I had a phone call two days later from ‘Sky Customer Complaints Department’. Wow I thought now we are getting somewhere. I was told by someone with initials JMM that he was going to take this on personally and would get it resolved in 1 week. Either way he would ring me on the Monday and let me know the status. He also said if I wanted to get in contact with him I should ring 'Customer Services' and ask them to email him or put me through. He apologised profusely and I left it at that - I thought if I could get the phone line in and some reimbursement, I don't care.

One week later 10th July, nothing still, no phone call either way. I rang up 'Customer Service' as 'Complaints' don't have their own number and you can't get hold of them directly. I rang up and they told me there had been a problem with my account, that got me off to a good start. I said I'm aware of that and there was a complaint logged with their 'Complaints' department. He then said 'oh yes' and told me nothing had been added after this. I said I wanted to talk to the guy. He put me on hold and said they would transfer me to that department - 45mins later - £££ - I got through to someone. I had to explain again and asked to speak to this JMM guy in their 'Complaints' department. She said this wasn't possible they didn't have email and the 'Complaints' department didn't have a phone number internal or otherwise that even they could contact them on. I was told they would do their best.

Nothing since has been heard. My Mum at the same time, unknown to me, also logged a 'Complaint' she has been told that someone would contact her on Monday, one way or another.

Combined we have spent £££ on the phone time and also my Mum has to use her mobile as her only contact to the outside world which also costs the earth. What the hell are they doing at Sky? I come from this industry and people would be losing jobs over this fast - it's not acceptable. There are a lot of unemployed people in the UK now whom would love to have a job and would do it well!

Talk to IdaInFife she's been a huge help to me. :)

As for me, still more progress. I got an email on Friday which said:

"Just a short email to confirm I have been given a date for the installation of your new phone line. I have been given the date of 5 August AM. If this date is not suitable I can change it for another day.

If you could confirm this date will be suitable."

I replied asking William to call me, which he did and he confirmed that this is the very earliest that the line can be installed.

Hopefully my next post will be on the 5 Aug saying everything's sorted!

thanks for keeping updated, at least now getting somewhere but honestly should not have happened in the first place.

Ida x

no sky hell is getting the line from Sky direct

ida x

no sky hell is getting the line from Sky direct

ida x

Sky can provide the phone service and line rental, but BT are the only company that can actually reconnect the line if an engineer has disconnected it. I recently went to get line rental with BT so that i could get sky talk and broadband, my line had been disconnected and BT wanted £120 to reconnect the line. Both BT and sky both confirmed that BT are the only company that can do this.

no they are not.

sky can provide phone line rental but they will only provide new customers signing up to sky at the moment.

ida x

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Well since my last update - still no line - I sent the email to a load of addresses including James Murdoch, Oftel and Watchdog. I got a reply in 48 hrs saying that the advanced customer service agent hadn't submitted the ticket correctly and this had now been done. He said I could contact him on the email address in which he stated this and that he would reply one way or another by the following Monday.

GUESS WHAT - NO YOU WONT GUESS - YOU CANT!! WOW THATS RIGHT! He didn't again!!! Anyway, due to my trust issues with call centers and now Sky and followed this up everyday with the frontline people. They had resolved the first issue and then resubmitted it for a new order.

GUESS WHAT - NO YOU WONT GUESS - YOU CANT!! WOW THATS RIGHT!

The new order failed too and now we are back to the 3rd June issue again - 4FS!:eek:

Britian needs a customer services goverment body to watchover these people!

My line was eventually done, 8 weeks after initially requesting it (and 3 weeks before the original date they gave me after which i went crazy and asked for an earlier one).

Now I'm just awaiting Broadband activation. I have an old router, surely I can just plug it in no?

Thanks for any help as always

• 1 month later...

Im having this problem as we speak.I phoned Sky yesterday, and asked why I hadn't heard anything about my Talk line and broadband after waiting the 15 days after my Sky HD was installed.I was told that it did go to take place, but for some reason it cancelled. So the person I spoke to set up another slot for my line to be connected. Which was another 2 weeks away. 6/7/8th of Oct. So I asked to be put through to the complaints team, which I was adviced they didn't have one, and that they were only a call centre. After thinking this was getting resolved I hung up.I then thought I would ring back to another number of Sky's (the number I can't remember). I got through to a bloke called George, I said I wanted to go through to the complaints team, which he replied what is the matter, as I explained, sayin that I was annoyed about the length of time it was taking to set up my line. He replied, saying its lucky you called back, as the installation had cancelled on there system again. He told me it was something to do with my address, which I thought was wierd as I live in apartments, where nieghbours use Sky Talk.George has now sent my account to there IT team after he tried sorting it out himsaelf, but with no luck (He actually called me at 7.30am this morn, to fill me in with the progress and said he would check the account every couple of days and call me if there was any change). But on the brighter side of things he credited my Sky account with a months TV charge, which was about £30. Which I am going to try and claim again every month that goes by that I am without my phoneline and broadband.Is there anyway I can speed up the process of the connection? As by the looks of things from what other people have written, it's probably going to be months untill this gets sorted.