HSBC boss

wilko1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4967 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone know the name and best address for the chief excec, or such like for HSBC. This is for a complaint I am going to make for someone else re irresponsible lending.

Thanks

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

check this thread there is a link there for most and emails etc

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/203486-ceo-e-mail-addresses.html

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

check this thread there is a link there for most and emails etc

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/203486-ceo-e-mail-addresses.html

I have used the link on this link for HSBC so expect a response from the Customer Relations Manager, Sue Lord.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

• 4 weeks later...

If someone has a monthly income getting paid into their bank account of £380, and the bank sends them an application for a pre-approved credit card with a limit of £5000, would that be classed as irresponsible lending?

an application for a pre-approved credit card with a limit of £5000
That statement is utter nonsense if you think about it. If it had been pre-approved why the need to fill in an application? Also an application is just that, it leaves it open to refusal. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Looking into the future, could a lenders, HSBC, irresponsible lending be a defence in court.

The story

HSBC gave my OH a pre-approved card with a limit of £5K, she has a part-time job with an income of £380/mth. The interest rate has just gone up by 2% and she is now in a position of never being able to pay off the balance. HSBC won't freeze the interest or give any worthwhile help, they are acting little better than a loan shark would. If I go through their complaints procedure then complain to the Ombudsman, if that is the best avenue, and the Ombudsman agrees that HSBC have been irresponsible. Could we use the irresponsible lending angle as a defence in court?

I would be grateful to hear from anyone who has complained of irresponsible lending before, or anyone who has any opinions re the above.

Thanks

Looking into the future, could a lenders, HSBC, irresponsible lending be a defence in court.

The story

HSBC gave my OH a pre-approved card with a limit of £5K, she has a part-time job with an income of £380/mth. The interest rate has just gone up by 2% and she is now in a position of never being able to pay off the balance. HSBC won't freeze the interest or give any worthwhile help, they are acting little better than a loan shark would. If I go through their complaints procedure then complain to the Ombudsman, if that is the best avenue, and the Ombudsman agrees that HSBC have been irresponsible. Could we use the irresponsible lending angle as a defence in court?

I would be grateful to hear from anyone who has complained of irresponsible lending before, or anyone who has any opinions re the above.

Thanks

I too was in the same situation, but one day Egg passed me through to Payplan, they were very helpful and the end result is that all 3 of my cards have frozen the interest and Im paying them a token amount each month.

Andy

• 1 month later...

Lots of people make complaint about irresponsible lending. I'm not aware that every get anywhere. There are no particular guidelines as to what is irresponsible. The banks immediately go into denial. It is a very unsatisfactory grey area.

Something really should be done at the moment I'm not aware that there is any structured attempt to deal with it.

• 2 months later...

I want to make a complaint about a bank giving a pre-approved credit card with a limit of £5K to someone with an annual income of only £4K. Question is who do I complain to, all of the official bodies FOS etc seem to be either toothless or uninterested in consumer complaints.

Any help would be appreciated.

I think the usual channels will only result in a dead end or a deaf ear.

Try your MP. If you are the kind to press a point you feel to be to the benefit of many, you may be pleasantly surprised at the response.

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

• 2 months later...

The FOS wouldn't make any judgement on that. Their reply would be that it would be up to the borrower whether they choose to borrow at extortionate rates or take on more credit than they can afford. They are not consumer-friendly and are financed by the banks.

Walter Merricks stepped down in October last year.

Natalie Ceeney has been named by the FOS, as its CEO;

she will leave her role as chief executive and keeper of the public records at the National Archives and join as chief ombudsman in March 2010.

This new appointment does not sound very encouraging, does it?

Personally, I cannot really see anything changing and;

exacting what experience has Ms Ceeney had with regards to Consumer Complaints?

• 2 months later...

Apparently they base their decisions on regulations rather the legalisation. i had an argument with them when they ruled in favour of MBNA, who had clearly unlawfully terminated the agreement. But the FOS said they could not decide on legal matters, as that is something for the court to decide, and can only base their decision's on regulations that govern the conduct of the creditor. So yeah apparently in my case unlawful termination is irrelevant so long as their paper work is set out within the regulations!

So figure that one out, because i can't.

Needless to say i look forward to seeing MBNA in court, which is unlikley as they sold the account (unlawfully), so experto credit are stuck with it and i made it clear to them regardless of the FOS decision MBNA's actions were still unlawfull and in breach of leglisation. So they then turned round and ask what we (me and experto. Yep dam well knocked me for six when they asked me for advice lol) should do to resolve the debt, so i told them thats their problem between them and MBNA not mine, as MBNA sold them an account that was unlawfully terminated and sold.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.