HOOHIZZEL v NATWEST Hardship claim / **SUCCESS**

hoohizzel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5371 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I've started a claim with the NatWest under hardship, i have filled out their income & expenditure forms and have received a letter asking for proof of priority debts, this is fine but i have realized i haven't included all my debts.

I have 2 queries, shall i send another income expenditure form, i have one i completed with cccs and all proof of debts?

Also i have only just read Bankfoders thread on claiming the overdraft interest and have worked out i can claim an extra £2,500 ! should i also send the renewed amount i will be claiming??

Even though the Natwest haven't accepted i'm in hardship yet, they have responded far better than the Lloyd's who just say no.:eek:

Any advice gratefully received.

Hi All

I've started a claim with the NatWest under hardship, i have filled out their income & expenditure forms and have received a letter asking for proof of priority debts, this is fine but i have realized i haven't included all my debts.

I have 2 queries, shall i send another income expenditure form, i have one i completed with cccs and all proof of debts?

Also i have only just read Bankfoders thread on claiming the overdraft interest and have worked out i can claim an extra £2,500 ! should i also send the renewed amount i will be claiming??

Even though the Natwest haven't accepted i'm in hardship yet, they have responded far better than the Lloyd's who just say no.:eek:

Any advice gratefully received.

Do you have priority debt arrears(mortgage/rent, council tax, utilities)?

Are there any payment plans on those arrears to clear them?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Hi Yourbank, we are now 2 months nearly 3 in arrears with the mortgage, and no to payment plans, my partner and myself have both recently been made redundant and currently on benefits, are outgoings far exceed incomings, i have been in contact with cccs and will contact all creditors.

Hi Yourbank, we are now 2 months nearly 3 in arrears with the mortgage, and no to payment plans, my partner and myself have both recently been made redundant and currently on benefits, are outgoings far exceed incomings, i have been in contact with cccs and will contact all creditors.

Have you got your list of charges yet?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Hi, yes basically i made a claim back in 2006 which i won in full around £2,500, i hadn't added interest to this claim. now as said we have been made redundant, charges coming in thick and fast, and have calculated around £1,300 since 06, i have just recently calculated an extra £2,600 in overdraft interest has been taken from me because of the charges but this figure goes back to 2001, i have already sent my prelim with list of charges without added overdraft interest under hardship, as said they asked for income and expenditure form to be filled out which i did but had left out a few credit card bills owing, they have sent another letter asking for proof of mortgage arrears and some credit card bills.

i thought i would now send them an amended income and expenditure form with proof of all arrears etc and also send list of charges i am asking for with added £2,600 in overdraft interest

do you think this is a good idea or should i start a seperate claim for the overdraft interest?

Hi, yes basically i made a claim back in 2006 which i won in full around £2,500, i hadn't added interest to this claim. now as said we have been made redundant, charges coming in thick and fast, and have calculated around £1,300 since 06, i have just recently calculated an extra £2,600 in overdraft interest has been taken from me because of the charges but this figure goes back to 2001, i have already sent my prelim with list of charges without added overdraft interest under hardship, as said they asked for income and expenditure form to be filled out which i did but had left out a few credit card bills owing, they have sent another letter asking for proof of mortgage arrears and some credit card bills.

i thought i would now send them an amended income and expenditure form with proof of all arrears etc and also send list of charges i am asking for with added £2,600 in overdraft interest

do you think this is a good idea or should i start a seperate claim for the overdraft interest?

I think the interest part to be honest is irrelevant since it is the charges alone that the bank will look at, furthermore, I wouldn't have discounted any expenditure because it could show sufficient income rather than insufficient income for the expenditure(surely its better to look worse off than better off?).

You can include the interest but if you accepted an offer in full an final settlement up to 2006, I don't think you will get interest on a settled claim(however 2006-present I can't see there being any issue with).

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Hi All, Happy Today:):):):)

The story went--- Sent back I & E form filled out through cccs included all proof of debts and priority arrears, had a letter to say they accepted my hardship application but this didn't mean they would pay back charges, but to hand in to local branch cheque books bank cards etc, they then sent a solo card and said they wouldn't take overdraft away just nedd to make an arrangement to pay it off over time, 2 weeks later had an offer of £1,193.00.

and it has been just over 10 days for them to credit my account.:D:D:D

I really have to say that the NatWest have been really good through this in our circumstances, but i realise that the banks own criteria of hardship leaves allot to be desired, you really have to be in the right place at the right time, we don't want to but are on the verge of going through a debt management plan and if we had already been there then it seems the banks see this as managing your debts and so not in hardship CRAZY Hey!!!!! Also the government may help with interest on mortgage soon so there will be no mortgage arrears, it is unfair for the majority whom arein genuine finacial hardship, just all seems crazy to me, i also have to say like many of us we are not spongers, we have worked all our lives and have put on to mortgage, loans & mortgage payments when things were hard instead of claiming benefits, incurring more and more bank charges, how stupid if only we had always rented and claimed benefits we would be allot better off! pays not to work your but off!!!

Sorry for the rant and am really happy with the result from the NatWest, considering how LLoyds are just beepbeepbeeepppsssss!!!

I hope all of the rest of you get a great result soon.

Excellent news, I have amended your title and moved you into the success forums. :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D